Options

IPv6 Questions on 70-642

DB77DB77 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys:

To those of you who've taken the 70-642 I just wanted to ask how many IPv6 questions you saw and what kinds of questions they were. Were they just on the prefixes, types of addresses and the different technologies for going between IPv4 and IPv6 or did they ask about the structure (what the different bit mean) of IPv6 address IPv6 subnetting and subnets masks or other things?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Very few questions, they just look for very basic info don't sweat it on IPv6, sub-netting IPv4 on the other hand........
  • Options
    The IPv4 subnetting does not scare me. I learned it well while studying for CCNA. How in depth with it do they get? Are there any VLSM questions?
  • Options
    rjs_essexrjs_essex Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I seem to remember one or two but nothing heavy... Think I may have had a question on what would be the appropriate transition technology to use in a certain scenario and I remember a question asking to identify what type a specific address was, i.e. link local, global etc... Other than that, it's been a while since I took the exam so I can't say much more... The exam did have a fair few DNS related questions though!
    WIP: 70-417, Security+, Project+, CCNA
  • Options
    PhilhiattPhilhiatt Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took it and had no IPV6 or subnettting questions. Mostly DFS, NAT, DHCP...the majority consisted of various scripts and monitoring/logs.
  • Options
    Did you pass Philhiaatt? What materials did you use to study and how long did you study for? I'm going to study for a month. Do you think that's long enough. I;ve been using mostly the MS Press books and have heard some people say they don't cover everything on the exam.
  • Options
    JoeBuJoeBu Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    DB77 wrote: »
    Did you pass Philhiaatt? What materials did you use to study and how long did you study for? I'm going to study for a month. Do you think that's long enough. I;ve been using mostly the MS Press books and have heard some people say they don't cover everything on the exam.

Exact Same boat...just booked my test for 1 month from now. But the MS Press book for the 70-640 Exam seem...obtuse. Lots of worthless information. I'm getting the 642 MS Press book, but it seems like there has to be something better.