Options

New Cissp Exams

GimmynoGimmyno Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I finally want to take the CISSP exam, I waited a couple of years to gain the necessary experience (about 5 years as Syst Engineer, Syst Admin, )and get certified CEH,ECSA in Security but now I'm not sure if the books and resources I studied with are enough to pass the new exam,

All In one 5th Edition (Shon Herris)
Cissp Study guide (Eric Conrad)
Cissp Video Mentor (Shon Herris)\
CC Cure quizzes (Paid)

The book from Eric Conrad I believe it was the best, but would you add anything else for the exam?Should I wait til more books come out for the new exam?

Comments

• Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No need to wait for new books. You have all the right material. Don't rely too heavily on transcenders or CCCure.org if you decide to take the CBT exam starting next month, as the questions presented on CCCure will help you gain some insight on what you learned through all those books you read, it will not adequately prepare you for how 70% of the CISSP exam is offered. I jumped ahead of the pack and took the CBT in Latin America late last month, so I know what to expect, and am more than willing to share as long as I stay within the Non-Disclosure Agreement Policy.
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Gimmyno, it sounds like we're in the same boat. I just acquired the 4 years necessary experience this month (got 1 year waived for Sec+) and I'm scheduled to take the test for the first time in August. I'm using the Shon Harris all-in-one book, the practice tests companion book, and the Shon Harris audio lectures. I'm also taking an official ISC2 course the week prior to the exam. I've done self-study on almost all of my certs, but CISSP seems like one that's worth making the investment.
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    The Eric Conrad book was my main study material. I passed the CISSP in July last year on my 1st attempt, finishing in under 3 hours. The All In One is great, but way too verbose. I used it to get in depth on a couple of items, but I really could have done without it. CCCure.org was the best thing that I paid for. Just make sure to google every single question that you miss and you will be golden. The test was much easier than I ever expected and I way over studied spending about 3 months total.
  • Options
    GimmynoGimmyno Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys, do you know when the CISSP CBT will be available for Australia?

• Options
    chrishzchrishz Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm curious if anyone has seen any questions that would fit into one of the "updated" CISSP key areas of knowledge (as per 2012)? Because I haven't, or perhaps I failed to recognize them (sat the exam on April 14th). No questions on clouds, for instance. Not sure whether it makes a difference that I took the exam in Europia as opposed to the US, but I would be surprised if it would. Any "definitely so" experiences here?

(And to comment on the original question of Gimmyno: I used the 2009 official guide and some [2004-ish] CBT nuggets and haven't come across any questions that were definitely concerning the new key areas of knowledge, but I don't know if I made it yet, so YMMV)
  • Options
    chrishzchrishz Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thought I'd let you know that I just got the infamous e-mail: it's a pass. icon_cheers.gif

And with that a quick thanks to everyone on this board -- you can never be truly, completely prepared for the CISSP exam (because let's face it, it's still pretty gruesome if that word qualifies), but the threads and messages over here helped me a good deal in forming a mental picture of what was going to happen. (Going through SSCP first also helps.)
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod