LPIC-3 Preparation

log32log32 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 217
hi everyone.I'm LPIC1+2 Certified, and want to get my hands on LPIC-3I have ordered an LDAP book to get all the LDAP topics covered.since there are no videos available, I was wondering if anyone here took the exam & could give me tips on how to study properly?thanks alot folks

Comments

• brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549

Which LDAP book?
  • log32log32 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 217
    uhhh....LDAP System Administration by OReilly..
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I really don't know if we have a LPIC-3 on this board but I could be wrong. Here in the states, the LIPC-2 and LPIC-3 are not listed on many or really any job postings. But I have heard from a few people that the LPIC-3 is more valued in Europe. Have you thought about going after a Red Hat certification?
  • onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    He/She is over in Israel, so it may be move valuable over there. I do think there is one or two LPIC-3s on here, but I don't recall their nick.

This is an old thread, but may help:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/lpi-rhce-sair/51243-passed-lpic-3-117-301-a.html

as well as this:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/lpi-rhce-sair/55045-lpic-series-info-resources.html
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
    hey everyone
    first of all , thanks for all the info! , btw, im a dude ;)
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Please let us know if you go on to study and pass the exam, I would be interested to hear your feedback. Good luck!
    I will definitely take the final exam, it seems silly for me to have only LPIC-2 when LPIC-3 is one exam away :) loads of things to learn, but I have already started learning for it.
    I will update my progress in my blog at http://sys-blog.net
    Please let us know if you go on to study and pass the exam, I would be interested to hear your feedback. Good luck!
    I will make a post regarding that! :)
  • lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I feel honored that my nick was mentioned here :)

I did LPIC-3 and LPIC-3: Security quite a while ago. LPIC-3 is basically all LDAP, so if you are an expierenced system administrator/engineer and you spend some time studying LDAP there is a chance to pass. Unfortunately the choice on study material is pretty small but an O'Reilly book on LDAP sounds like a good place to start.
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
    yeah I am using OREILLY's LDAP System Administration book along with some internet material I had gathered the past few days. hope that's enough though. exam is scheduled for the 25th this month.
    Exam is tomorrow...nerve wracking :)
    Good luck!

Dolev wrote: »
    Exam is tomorrow...nerve wracking :)
    Thanks, I'll update with results tomorrow.
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    lordy wrote: »
    I did LPIC-3 and LPIC-3: Security
    This is first time I heard about LPIC-3 Security, and after researching it I must say I am quite impressed by the exam objectives. The test looks very decent - it covers anything from openvpn, selinux, and gpg to puppet(!), nessus, and nagios.

What did you think of the exam? (I saw your other thread on 301, but not on 303) Have you considered RHCSS?
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
    look
    over
    here
    <<<

Passed! it was hard, openLDAP is not one of the most interesting subjects to learn and practice, not to me anyways.
    glad im done with it :)
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I've taken a look at the objectives, and that's a monster of an exam. Big congratulations on the pass! icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! :)
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats. You've demonstrated that you're an expert at administering a Linux architecture. What's next? Red Hat? VMware? Hyper-V?
    Congrats!!!

after obtaining LPIC level 3 you can go for one of the specialty exams (Security, High availability, virtualization)but I decided not to go for either of them.
    I ordered RCHSA/RHCE book and that is my next goal. :)
    kind of hard doing everything with degree studyin, but I will get that too eventually.