Options

Cheap Access Server (UK)

mrsockomrsocko Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I think I'm nearly finished getting my lab together and one of the last things I was thinking of getting is an access server. Now I looked into the 2509, 2511 and the NM-16A card but they all seem a bit expensive considering the most i've paid for 1 peice of equipment is £30. Now so far I have:

Switches 2950, 2925 X2 (Depending on how much cash I have left I will upgrade to another 2950)

Router 2620XM (Wic-1t), 2611XM (Wic-1t), 2612 and 2621 (Wic-1t) (The 2612 I plan on putting a NM-4A/S in for Frame Relay)

Can anyone suggest a cheap access server that is cheap and easy to set up and If you think my lab needs anything else let me know!

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    mrsocko wrote: »
    Hi, I think I'm nearly finished getting my lab together and one of the last things I was thinking of getting is an access server. Now I looked into the 2509, 2511 and the NM-16A card but they all seem a bit expensive considering the most i've paid for 1 peice of equipment is £30. Now so far I have:

Switches 2950, 2925 X2 (Depending on how much cash I have left I will upgrade to another 2950)

Router 2620XM (Wic-1t), 2611XM (Wic-1t), 2612 and 2621 (Wic-1t) (The 2612 I plan on putting a NM-4A/S in for Frame Relay)

Can anyone suggest a cheap access server that is cheap and easy to set up and If you think my lab needs anything else let me know!

Cheers!

Hi

I might be able to help there! I have a 2509 that might be shifting on. Dropme an PM and we can talk futher if you havent already got one.

K
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would love to have one too but they are going for a lot here in Europe. especially the 2511
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    controlcontrol Member Posts: 309
    I recently paid £55 (inc P&P) for my RJ 2509. Was more than I wanted to pay, but I really wanted one, so just went for it.
  • Options
    KeanoknickKeanoknick Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Look on Ebay, for a DIGI CM32 I got mine for $35 plus shipping. They are pretty easy to get cheap here in the states. I would think you could find one cheap as well. Plus they are very easy to set up, no rollover or other special cables required, they just use standard ethernet cables, for all the connections. I love mine. I even have a 2511, that I've never used, I like the CM32 too much, lol.
  • Options
    Keanoknick wrote: »
    Look on Ebay, for a DIGI CM32 I got mine for $35 plus shipping. They are pretty easy to get cheap here in the states. I would think you could find one cheap as well. Plus they are very easy to set up, no rollover or other special cables required, they just use standard ethernet cables, for all the connections. I love mine. I even have a 2511, that I've never used, I like the CM32 too much, lol.

Are you in Europe? It says you are in Texas, i would assume that is no where near Europe
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options

The Digi CM32s don't seem to be as readily available on ebay here in the UK, from what I've seen. I considered one of these after reading up on them here, but none cropped up. The ones that did were really highly priced.
  • Options
    KeanoknickKeanoknick Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are you in Europe? It says you are in Texas, i would assume that is no where near Europe

Obviously I'm not in Europe, you idiot! Read my post, I even put "They are pretty easy to get cheap here in the states" Go back to DeepSpace 9 and stay there. Freaking *****.
  • Options
    FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191
    where are you?, I have a couple going cheap, Im in Greater Manchester.
  • Options
    Obviously I'm not in Europe, you idiot! Read my post, I even put "They are pretty easy to get cheap here in the states" Go back to DeepSpace 9 and stay there. Freaking *****.

There's really no need for this sort of aggression. Anyway apologies if i have offended you with what i said. I didn't mean it in that way and i was on my way out of work when i posted that and i may have misread what you wrote. Apologies again
  • Options
    Futura wrote: »
    where are you?, I have a couple going cheap, Im in Greater Manchester.

I'm in Edinburgh
  • Options
    control wrote: »
    I recently paid £55 (inc P&P) for my RJ 2509. Was more than I wanted to pay, but I really wanted one, so just went for it.

I saw one for £60 but I was looking for £50 or under but I think I will just either have to up my limit or just wait and try and grab a bargain if they pop up!
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□

Psycho.
  • Options
    I'm in Edinburgh

Hearts Fan?
  • Options
    FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191

Grab a coffee or something, nut case
  • Options
    Hey Guys,

By the way has any of you bought a Router/Switch from eBay USA without having any issues connecting it? Reason why am asking this is i don't want to buy something on there and have it blown up in my face. Do you need a converter for it?

Thanks
  • Options
    nelsonnrnelsonnr Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey I'm in Edinburgh too, just passed CCNA and have a lab that needs an access server! So make that two folk from Edinburgh looking for access servers! I'm onto CCNP now (just started tho!)
  • Options
    CoolhandlukeCoolhandluke Member Posts: 118
    Futura,

Im not far from manchester, drop me a PM with some prices if you want to offload :p

[CCENT]->[CCNA]->[CCNP-ROUTE]->COLOR=#0000ff]CCNP SWITCH[/COLOR->[CCNP-TSHOOT]
  • Options
    control wrote: »
    Hearts Fan?

Nope, I don't follow Scottish football as it's.......well.......not very good! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Nope, I don't follow Scottish football as it's.......well.......not very good! icon_lol.gif

Ditto! More into my MotoGp! I was born in Edinburgh, up in Aberdeen now.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Even though it seems like it's getting a little off topic at the end about footy - but i have a Lantronix SCS1620 that I use for my lab. Though, I'm not actually sure if it's available in the UK. But if it is, then I'd recommend that.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    Even though it seems like it's getting a little off topic at the end about footy - but i have a Lantronix SCS1620 that I use for my lab. Though, I'm not actually sure if it's available in the UK. But if it is, then I'd recommend that.

How good are they? Its seems Cisco and Digi cm are the only ones people will vouch for
  • Options
    MAC_Addy wrote: »

I had a quick search on Ebay and unfortunately I couldn't see any here in the UK