Options

I PASSED! I CAN'T BELIEVE I PASSED!

cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
That was probably the hardest test I have ever taken. I scored 772 with passing being a score of 764. I PASSED BY 8 POINTS! That isn't even one whole question on this 100 question test. RussS, you are my man! If you hadn't given me that list of ports I would have missed a question about which ports L2TP and PPTP use. I surely would have failed that test without that question. This is why this forum is so great. Everyone can help with any little tidbit of knowledge that they might have. As a note, Exam Cram 2 will not be enough information to pass this test, although that is probably the same with any test. Find as much information as you can from free resources, and if you are taking you tests via a voucher you have purchased, try to make sure that they have some sort of extensive study guide that you can use as another reference. This is probably the toughest test CompTIA has to offer, which is more of a reason for me to be so surprised that I managed to pass. If anyone has any questions about the test just ask and I'll try to answer them the best that I can. I'de once again like to thank RussS and everyone else who gave me support. I won't forget the WebMaster either. GREAT SITE! (Sorry for making this seem like an acceptance speech :D )

Thanks,
Cheeblie

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Way to go dood :D I now know that I will have a good day today - enjoy your success icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    russ, have you retaken the test yet?
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
  • Options
    AzamAzam Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sweet man, congratulations!
  • Options
    Hey bellboy

No I haven't yet - the funds have run low so I started study for 70-218. I will take both exams after I find a job and get some pingers in the bank.
    www.supercross.com
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    "pingers"? i haven't come across that phrase before. now, if paul hogan would have used slang from the whole of the antipodeas instead of the... um, western island. does the rest of the commonwealth not use the phrase "a few bob" anymore?
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    haha - bob? Damn, I know a bob from somewhere - just can't remember where ... lol

We have had decimal currency since '67 - I think even the oldies have forgotten the old currency icon_wink.gif Anyways, the only reason we are still in the commonwealth is to be able to enter the commonwealth games ... heh heh heh
    www.supercross.com
  • Options
    iliriiliri Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi congratulations fisrt. Iam thinking to take the exam on 20 oct and I agree with you this a tough exam I have been studying the security+ book from TODD KING and seems to have a lot of information but I think I need more material I score90% on the preplogic test that comes with the book 100 questions but I was gonna ask you for some advices where should I concentrate more and if you can email some question that you had on exam.
    Thank you
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    iliri wrote:
    ... and if you can email some question that you had on exam.
    Thank you
    Soliciting braindumps from fellow forum patrons? *tsk tsk*

Strange that free-comptia hasn't posted any braindump questions for Security+ yet. Is that site still updated? I suppose they are still up only because CompTIA's wrath doesn't yet extend overseas.
  • Options
    Plernty of **** questions around for Sec+ - and from what a couple of my fellow students showed me most are totally wrong.

Like all of the crap - use at your own peril !!!!

jdmurray - I didn't think you were one to visit those dodgy sites icon_confused.gif
    www.supercross.com