Great Place for used Books!

mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
I have located a great book store for used certification books at a reasonable price. Exam books are extremely expensive as you all know.
The place is called Halfprice books. Im located in Pittsburgh and have been roaming around a few of them and picking up some books as well. You might already know, but just thought i would mention it. :D

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    It looks like Halfprice Books currently has 74 stores in 10 states--unfortunetly none near me here in So Cal icon_cry.gif.

I'm reading some good things about them online. Looks interesting.

www.halfpricebooks.com
  • jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    There's also so stores called fire-sale books. They have reasonably priced books in great condition. I think the sell liquidated books. It may not be the latest editions but you still get the idea and how to steps.

Ebay >>> Amazon >>> Half Price Books.
    What next?
  • TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    I quite like this store to get my latest books.

http://www.compman.co.uk/

:D

http://spaces.msn.com/members/hturtlegirl73/
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I like:

www.alibris.com

and of course

www.amazon.com

recently found www.abebooks.com and though I haven't made a purchase, have been interested in a few (my interests in books far exceed the IT library). :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    When looking to buy books online, I always start with the book search service addall.com. The best prices are usually through a zShop merchant on Amazon.com. You just have to be careful that the shipping is not via Media Mail. If so, it can take much, much longer to get your purchase that you may want.
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    If so, it can take much, much longer to get your purchase that you may want.

I agree, and it seems to vary so much and is never really reliable.

I just ordered an Access 2000 book and received it via Media Mail in 4 days.
    I've ordered a textbook for a class in the past, which took over a month to arrive. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    www.bookpool.com is prob 1 of my favorites!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    www.campusi.com allows a search for the best price in many different online bookstores and marketplaces.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mobri09 wrote:
    I have located a great book store for used certification books at a reasonable price. Exam books are extremely expensive as you all know.
    The place is called Halfprice books. Im located in Pittsburgh and have been roaming around a few of them and picking up some books as well. You might already know, but just thought i would mention it. :D

Which ones are you going to? The one in robinson seems to have a better selection, but I live by the one on McKnight. i haven't been to any others.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete