Is mile2 known IT sec field?

2»

Comments

• Options
    horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
    As any one taken the C)PTE exam yet?
  • Options
    raybfreeraybfree Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The exam isn't necessarily difficult. 2 hours for 100 questions and a passing rate of 70%. You just need to know the content in the work book. Also, the mile2 cert has some steam as it was approved on the NICCS NICE Homeland training schedule and is a Tier 1 Certification requirement for FBI cyber agents.
  • Options
    raybfreeraybfree Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Here are the FBI Cyber Backgrounds Chart for Preferred Degrees, Work Experience and Cyber Certs.
    https://www.fbijobs.gov/CyberCareers/FBI_CyberPage_AdditionalCertificates.pdf
  • Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've got numerous certs on that list, never got a second look...
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    There's more to getting a first interview than just having the right certs. ;)
  • Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    lol I know. The Federal system just kills me.
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    I just had a look at that "FBI CYBER BACKGROUNDS CHART" PDF and I an perplexed by some of the certification rankings. The certs appear to be ranked from highest (Tier 1) to lowest (Tier 3) level certs. That I get. However:

• CEH and CHFI are Tier 1 certs, while CCIE, CWNE, and Security+ are only Tier 2 certs. (CCIE, CWNE should be Tier 1 and CEH and Security+ should both be Tier 3.)
    • Network+ (Tier 2) is listed above CCENT (Tier 3). (Network+ should the Tier 3.)
    • CEH (Tier 1) is a requirement for LPT (Licenses Penetration Tester), but LPT is only a Tier 2 cert. (CEH,CHFI = Tier 3, ECSA = Tier 2, LPT = Tier 1 or 2)
    • It would seems that all of the entry level certs (e.g., all CompTIA "plus" certs) should be Tier 3, but some are Tier 2.
    • CISA (Tier 2) is listed, but not CISM or CRISC.
    • SSCP is listed as both a Tier 1 (equal with the CISSP) and Tier 2 cert.

I can only guess that there is more criteria in the consideration of this ranking than just the level of the certs exams and the difficulty of the certs to achieve, but I can't image what that might be.