Options

I'm back and prepping for TSHOOT and finally CCNP

vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
Had about a month's worth of work and personal stuff to catch up on after passing SWITCH before clearing my plate to take TSHOOT and getting my CCNP cert. I probably could have taken it right after SWITCH, but I was so busy that I just didnt feel ready.

What I'm using over the next two to three weeks to prep for TSHOOT.

Cisco TSHOOT Topology
GNS3 Vault topology
Boson OCG (Will probably hit the highlights and not read the whole thing)
Boson OCG Practice Questions
Boson EX-SIM Max practice Questions

I troubleshoot Layer2/3 frequently for an SP, so i'm not terribly worried about this one. I aced the Cisco demo item, so i'm feeling good about going after this one in a short timeframe.

Any other tips from those of you who have already taken this one?
Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...

Comments

• Options
    MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You'll be shocked at how many of the commands you'll want to use won't work on the simulator. Just learn off the show commands for various things (BGP, routes, etc.).
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    MickQ wrote: »
    You'll be shocked at how many of the commands you'll want to use won't work on the simulator. Just learn off the show commands for various things (BGP, routes, etc.).

Will definitely do that.

As I worked through ROUTE and SWITCH, I've tried to integrate the various show/debug commands into my day to day troubleshooting. I make it a point to avoid sh run unless I can't get the info any other way. I've found that I can troubleshoot issues on a production network more quickly than doing it the lazy way (sh run and sh int).
  • Options
    MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Never underestimate the power of a sh run ;)
  • Options
    MickQ wrote: »
    Never underestimate the power of a sh run ;)

To be honest, I very rarely have to use a full sh run anymore to solve a problem and if I do, it's targeted (sh run int). One of Cisco's biggest strengths IMO over other network vendors we use is the vast array of show/debug commands. There are many vendors that have Cisco-Like CLI, but don't have anywhere near the number of show/debug commmands that Cisco does.

I use it when necessary, but our configs are several thousand lines long on average, so it isn't very efficient in my shop. YMMV
  • Options
    Taking TSHOOT at 1 PM today. Been through the BOSON EX-SIM max questions several times which helped a bunch. I built up the topology from scratch on GNS3 over the weekend and that helped also. Haven't spent much time on the OCG, but from what I've heard, it's mostly a rehash of ROUTE/SWITCH.

Hopefully today will be CCNP day! icon_smile.gif