Options

Passed the 70-680 today!!

bugzy3188bugzy3188 Member Posts: 213 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well I passed the 70-680 today, I got 880 out of 1000. This is my first Microsoft cert so I am pretty excited. I got lucky in a few different areas, first off, I got a 50 question test instead of an 80. Second I got really lucky with the questions, I think, I actually found it to be pretty easy, even though I know I could use improvement in certain areas. I finished the test in under 30 minutes, I tried to stall because I don't want them thinking that I cheated, but whatever, I'm a fast test taker and always have been. Next stop 70-685!!
If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one

Comments

• Options
    GeronimoGeronimo Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    echo465echo465 Banned Posts: 115
    Nice score, Congrats!
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nicely done, congrats.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, It has been nice having a place such as this where I can get guidance and advice from people in the field who have no interest in charging me upward of 20 grand a year. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for MS to send the e-mail with the log in information for the MCP site?
    If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think it takes about 3 days for the information to be updated on the MCP Site . congrats again
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    kahnkahn Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate. wish you luch for the next stop
  • Options
    ttorloff1215ttorloff1215 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations may I ask what book or course if any youused to study for the test?
    :)
  • Options
    taire2012taire2012 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. would like also to know which resources you used. Thanks
  • Options
    Congratulations may I ask what book or course if any youused to study for the test?
    :)

I used a combination of the MCTS Self Paced Training kit, CBT Nuggets videos, James Conrad is an excellent and very informative teacher, he can be unintentionally funny at times which helps in making these videos watchable. I got a ton of information from Windows knowledge base, If anything command line wise is not working properly in the Microsoft training kit, look here...and as always when all else fails..google. I spent about 4 months practicing in a virtual environment using VMWare, I didn't have enought to pay for the test at the time so I took a break for about six months and then spent about two weeks jogging my memory. I believe it was this break that really helped the information sink in, I have always been a learn it twice before it really sinks in kind of guy...
  • Options
    WGUGeekGirlWGUGeekGirl Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." - Psalms 119:105 (KJV)
    WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress:
    Transferred
    (58 CUs) | Required (17 CUs) | In Progress (8 CUs) | Completed (36 CUs)
    BBC1, CVV1, GAC1, HHT1, AGC1, BVC1, INC1, INT1, WFV1, AXV1, CPV1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, IWC1, IWT1, QLT1, CLC1, DJV1, DHV1 | COV1, CQV1, CNV1, SBT1, RGT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TYC1, TYP1 | CJV1, CUV1, BOV1, TPV1, MGC1, RIT1, BNC1, KET1, CTV1
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Well deserved! Knock 'em dead on the 685!