Options

Preparation for CCNA

ProjectRK™ProjectRK™ Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi, i'm new to this forum and CISCO stuff, CCNA and other stuff. I am a graduate of Advance Diploma in Computer Studies Multimedia and the Internet from Informatics Computer College, supposedly it should be ADCS Network Engineering. Graduated a wrong college course, but I enjoyed Oracle programming and other web development stuff. Now to the point, what are the best review materials for CCNA? i currently have Todd Lammle CCNA 7th Edition, CBT Nugget, and Packet Tracer 5.3.3 given by my friend who passed CCNA too. So what is the best practices and material for review in preparation for CCNA?

thank you very much in advance

Comments

• Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    That material should be enough to get you started. You will also find that a lot of people use the Odom Cert Library. It kind of seems like most people are either a Lammel guy or an Odom guy, so take a look at both and decide for yourself. Once you have made it through the book and the nuggets, you can try your hand at Boson test engine, that seems to be the most recommended test engine around here, and probably the best benchmark to see if you are ready for the real test or not.
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Lammle + Packet Tracer are a good combo to learn and practice the requisite concepts and pass. You really don't need anything else. There are other reasonable options--such as Odom for your book and Netsim fir your simulator--but none that are clearly better. You don't need multiple books or videos to master this. You do need to learn the content of at least one book well. You might watch the videos if you're feeling lazy or something is just not sinking in--but that is completely optional.