Options

Windows 2000 Server trial product key?

mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
So I'm working on W2K Server right now and have the trial product which was included with my MS Press Core Four package, but I lost the sleeve with the product key on it. Does anyone have a product key I can use? Is it legit to share product keys for trial software? My friend and I both downloaded 2K3 Server trial and got the same product key, just wondering if that's the way it works...
Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
WIP: MCSE 2003

Comments

• Options
    3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    I have a Trial win2k pro and server for a MS course that i got from work, its the 2185 course i think? but ill pm you the serial i got for the trial version if you want?
  • Options
    I would really appreciate it! I'm itching to get this one under the belt before MS officially ends support for 2K... Thanks!
    Mikey B.

• Options
    3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    when the exam/os expiring then?? im pm you the number when i get home ok?
  • Options
    I believe the support for 2000 ends at the end of the month. The exam probably will be around until the end of year. A lot of companies have invested big money into a 2000 infrastructure, and don't want to/can't afford to/aren't ready to upgrade to 2003 yet, so 2000 support jobs should pick up for a few weeks after support has ended. I mean, there's still companies running NT4 and NetWare 4.11, so 2000 will be a marketable skill for a while.

Sounds good about the key, shoot me a PM when you get a chance. Thanks again!
    Mikey B.