Options

Failed the 70-680

LiquidAwesomeLiquidAwesome Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the 70-680 on 5/5 and failed it with a 577. I was a little disappointed in myself because I thought I had a good grasp on the material getting 90%+ on the practice exams. Having passed the 70-620 several years ago I can say that the 70-680 is nothing like it. Also I noticed some of the question were on topics only gazed over in the text book. I remembered some of the questions that were on the test that I had no clue about and went to find the answers from other sources. I plan on re-taking the again later this week. Any other advice??

Comments

• Options
    ha1o2surferha1o2surfer Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Be sure to know every section before moving onto the next Section. If you have knowledge gaps between the Sections then that is just enough to make you not pass. That's what happened to me. I knew a lot in every section but had trouble connecting them because I didn't know the finer details :)
  • Options
    KenCKenC Member Posts: 131
    I wouldn't go booking the re-take just yet. It's not exactly a close score. Find out from your exam report what sections you need to really cover again.

Also, I suspect you are only using one source material, which in my opinion, is never enough. Let us know what you have used, and we'll try and fill the gaps.
  • Options
    Thanks guys,
    I used the Microsoft Press and Measure Up practice exam. I tried to make notes of questions that I didn't know or wasn't 100% on. The funny thing is I had the hardest time understanding section 7 and I got a 100% in it. On the flip sided I though I had sections 1 and 2 in the bag but I got crush. I think a lot of those two section were the slight difference in terms and command-line switches that threw me off.
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ahh tough break....I felt like crap failing this as well this weekend (took it on the 5th as well). Scored a 682 so I was off by a question or two

How many times did you take those practice exams? Usually if you take them to much you start memorizing and not grasping the explanation of why certain answers are wrong or right...
  • Options
    I took a Practice Quiz after each chapter adding that chapter in to the mix of question. Towards the end I was a little worried I had start to memorize the answers.