Options

Book recommendations for 70-642?

quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi folks,

Does anybody have any good book recommendations for self-study for the 70-642, I have read Claymoore's article but want a more recent opinion, especially someone who has only recently taken the exam. The books I have so far:

*MS press 70-642 (Tony Northrop)
*Exam Cram 70-642 (does not really get a good rave on amazon reviews!!!)
*Windows Server 2008 R2 Complete - William Panek
*Windows server 2008 R2 Unleashed

I am making the MS press book my primary and the others reference, plus of course some extra online content and the free pdf from MS that covers Windows Server 2008 R2: Windows Server 2008 Training and Learning Courses | Training Portal

The other online reference I am looking into is the free material from IT Training: http://itfreetraining.com/70-642/index-70-642/

My new lab is underway, but I am unsure, after some research what book to use as the primary for study, seems some recommend the MS press books, but any advice would be appreciated before I spends hours nutting-out this monster.
The Wings of Technology

Comments

• Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    Windows server 2008 R2 Unleashed is a must have for the whole track.

These free youtube videos are pretty good.
    70-642 11 hour free training course all on you tube - YouTube <-- Never mind same videos just from a different site.
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Krunchi, I just purchased William Stanek's pocket guides: Win Server 2008 (which includes R2) and also Active Directory and Win 7 and Command Line. They might make a good addition to study and also for labbing, seems they are more or less designed for working in the field, so hopefully I'll slowly get a grasp on it using these as well. Also thanks for the video links. :)
    The Wings of Technology