Options

ICND1 Advice please :(

RevieRevie Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took my ICND1 test today and got a 762. I was just wondering where i should hit hard with my studying in order to pass it the next time around. Here is what my report shows:

Describe the operation of data networks 50%
Implement a small switched Network70%
Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet network requirements 60%
Implement a small routed network 67%
Administrative tasks fo rmanaging WLAN 100%
Identifying Security Threats 100%
Implement WAN Links 100%

Besides the subnetting, what other information should I review, whether it be in the Odom book or from another source. Any input is much appreciated :D

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Go over the chapters that cover the domains that you got under 80% on. But remember to review the other domains.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    besides of subnetting i would investigate basic switch setup (security, gateway, telnet, ssh, port configuration), basic routing (connected devices, rip protocol) and the whole layer 2 and 3 network operation basics...

personal advice for all cisco exams: know you show commands so you can pull youself out if you are stuck in a sim.

generally speaking its important that you learn "the cisco way" of exams because they are extremely challenging and not comparable to tests you might know from school / university ...
    And then, I started a blog ...