Options

CCA in Xen Desktop 5 Cert

ben2112ben2112 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all - I am currently working on my Citrix CCA for Xen Desktop 5 cert. Got any good advice while I do my studies? I am currently watching the Trainsignal videos and setting up a lab. I have been working with XD4 and XD5 for a little while now.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What do you think of the trainsignal videos for Xen Desktop? I watched some of the ones for CBT Nuggets, but didn't care for them.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    ajs1976 wrote: »
    What do you think of the trainsignal videos for Xen Desktop? I watched some of the ones for CBT Nuggets, but didn't care for them.

So far it looks really good. I like the guy doing the video. He goes into detail about the setup and showing how to setup your lab. The thing I like in the videos is how he is going to show you how to integrate it into a Netscaler environment. Which is what my company currently is using also. But like all training videos, you get that 1000 yard stare after watching 2 or 3 of the lessons in a row.. LOL..
  • Options
    lordmorgothlordmorgoth Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ben, I'm also working towards the CCA for Xendesktop 5 certification. I've bought the CBT Nuggets for Xendesktop 5. The're done by Greg Shields, who's really knowledgeable.

Are you using any books aswell? I found that books on Xendesktop 5 are very scarce!
  • Options
    Ben, I'm also working towards the CCA for Xendesktop 5 certification. I've bought the CBT Nuggets for Xendesktop 5. The're done by Greg Shields, who's really knowledgeable.

Are you using any books aswell? I found that books on Xendesktop 5 are very scarce!

Yeah, Books are basically non existent. I read the Xendesktop edoc from Citrix and watched Trainsignal videos. Luckily, I work directly with 4 CCIAs that I can ask questions. I am also fortunate enough to work with 4 XD hosting environments so I have real world hands on experience to go along with my studies. I am scheduled to take my exam Aug 24th.

Also, look at examcollections.com.
  • Options
    Well.. I just passed my CCA for XenDesktop 5 exam. Got an 88%. icon_cheers.gificon_cool.gif:D

Now on to XA6.5
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz! :)
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    TheMechanicTheMechanic Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ben, how was the exam? Taking it later this month
    Needs 100K
  • Options
    Ben, how was the exam? Taking it later this month

Its not that hard as long as you know PVS pretty well and work in the environment. I am going for my CCAA on friday.