Options

Passed my first Cisco Exam.. :)

X10MMXX10MMX Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
I finally passed my CCENT... I kept putting it off but finally bit the bullett and took it..

Pass score of 890.. icon_cheers.gif

Currently doing the MCITP Enterprise Administrator track along side it... Not sure if i should do my ICND 2 or 70-642 (Networking infrastructure) next..

Comments

• Options
    Donwon3000Donwon3000 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass. What study materials did you used and total length of time spent studying? Thanks. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!!!! I know you are feeling good man : ) I'm working on mine as we speak. Using Todd Lammle book and Packet Tracer.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats and welcome to TE.
  • Options
    Thanks... I was more nervous on this exam than any other.. Maybe because it was my first networking exam.. in truth it wasnt that bad...

I used CBT Nugget videos.. It was a big help... Then read the Wendell Odem Third Edition book. Spent a couple of months in total.
  • Options
    I have purchased my own lab of ebay which was helpful.. but its not a must... There is software like packet tracer which is good...
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats!

Do the ICND2 before the 642. It will help give you a good foundation, and I personally think MS' way of teaching subnetting is weird. I think it would just mess you up.
  • Options
    I found subnetting really easy with CBT. Then kinda adapted my own way of doing it. Now I can do subnetting questions in about 10-15 seconds... subnettingquestions.com is good practice....
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey congrats X10! I am looking to do this as well someday (after getting to where I want to be with MS first). Good to know that Packet Tracer is good enough at least for the CCENT because I don't know how far I will go with Cisco just yet to go out and buy lab equipment...plus I still live home so I dont have all the space to set one up. +1 on subnettingquestions.com, just started using it and really picked up on it quickly
  • Options
    Hey Rom, What are you doing with MS? Yea i think packet tracer is good for CCNA stuff.... I know i would like to get my CCNP One day.. maybe my 2013 Goals.. So far for 2012 I want my MCITP EA and my CCNA. At January I had 0.. now I have done 2/5 MS ones and 1 Cisco one.. So I am slowly getting there.. Yea i know the feeling of living at home... I just kept a stack in the corner of my room.. It does get a bit loud though.. Subnettingquestions.com really helped me to fully test my knowledge of subnetting...
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well for starters I want to get my MCITP: Windows 7 EDA cert under my belt since I am starting to deal with all aspects of Windows 7 at my workplace. From there perhaps get the new MCSA (Solutions Assciate) 2008 eventually, but in-between getting the 2008 stuff I will be preparing for the CCENT and perhaps taking it along the way. I've already began viewing the CBT Nuggets for ICND1 and have learned quite a lot and picked up where I left off with Cisco back in college