Failed 640-802 today :(

missy2687missy2687 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
The sims did me in. I spent too much time on the first one. As I got down to my last few minutes they threw 2 more sims at me which I KNEW I would have got right if I had more time. Not sure if I should attempt the composite again or the 2 part route.... I felt pretty comfortable with the composite, just need to work on my speed. Have college finals this week and next so won't be able to dedicate myself to taking the exam again right away (plus the $$$)....

Comments

• MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear about that. At least you weren't caught out by all the subnetting and other questions. You know where and how to work on what got you this time around.
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Keep working at it. You'll get it.
    Try labbing some more to be able to get through those sims faster.
    Good luck.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass mate. It sucks when you see that you didn't pass, but just re-read on the areas that you were weak on and lab (if you can). Keep working on it and smash it the next time you're there! Good luck and I wish you the best of luck!
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Get your finals done, take a break and return to labbing.
    Beware of routines though, I remember when I did tremendous amount of labbing i'd recycle the same IP schema.
    Also, don't forget to brush up on the theory that is still a bit fuzzy to you.

Keep at it!
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    sorry, but dont discourage by yourself,still work hard for what you have planned to archive,
    find out your mistakes and correct those mistakes so as to gain what you planned.
  • Alexf302Alexf302 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was in exactly the same boat early last week.

The sims killed me. I just wasn't fast enough in nailing them down. I failed, and knowing that I had very little time to do any more studying, coupled with the fact that laying out another $300 was not a fun idea to think about, had me questioning whether I would try again any time soon.

I decided to lab and review the material as much as possible, and I passed the CCNA yesterday morning. It wasn't exactly the most enjoyable week I've ever had, but it paid off.

Don't give up and you'll get it. Half the battle is getting through the structure, formatting and initial fear of the test. Now that you've done that, lab, lab, lab until you know exactly what a normal config should look like, how to quickly use the many different show commands at your disposal, how to intepret the data they're giving you and how to configure the solution to any issues that might arise.

I personally found Packet Tracer to be very helpful. It's very easy to set up and use, and most of the CCNA-level commands work fine.
  • missy2687missy2687 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone! You are all right- I focused so much on the theory and making sure that I had the subnetting down that I didn't lab so much. I guess I foolishly thought that working on the equipment at school and just knowing the commands would suffice but clearly it didn't. I do have packet tracer & I grabbed a bunch of labs off of another thread on TE today so that's the plan! Lab, lab, lab!! I think I'll be more comfortable with the sims the more I lab.

And congrats Alex!! You are def an inspiration!