Options

From contractor to permanent - finally

keeranbrikeeranbri Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
I finally am becoming permanent with my current company. Its been 6 months. Please let me know if this is a good starting rate for tier 1 helpdesk. I went from 15.00 to 18.00 .

Comments

• Options
    missy2687missy2687 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! When my friends employer (a major ISP) tried to hire him from contractor to permanent they wanted to give him a pay decrease! I just interviewed last week for a Tier 1 helpdesk position and they only wanted to offer $12/hr (I currently make a bit more at my non IT related job) but the going rate out here in Kansas City from what I can tell just by applying & interviewing for helpdesk jobs is $12-15/hr with no experience. With experience prob a few dollars more so that seems to be inline with the pay out here in KC is but depends on where you live
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Step 1 accomplished now step 2 accomplished. Step 3 make inroads into the company and make a name for yourself. Get promoted!

Gratz!
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Temps here make 12.50/hr while the perms make ~17/hr
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    congrats, I think it depends on how big the desk is and what area you are in...

When I started on the Service Desk I got $18 an hour, but I know other people that started the same time who got less. And sadly, I'm sure some got more than me (the horror!)
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    keeranbri wrote: »
    I finally am becoming permanent with my current company. Its been 6 months. Please let me know if this is a good starting rate for tier 1 helpdesk. I went from 15.00 to 18.00 .

18 is very good. That's a 20% raise. icon_cool.gif
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???