Options

How fast did you pass the CCNA/CCENT?

CEHwanabeCEHwanabe Banned Posts: 31 ■□□□□□□□□□
how long time studying?

Comments

• Options
    chaser7783chaser7783 Member Posts: 154
    I took a month of self study, then a break. 2 months later I took advantage of spring break and re-read all areas I was weak in and took the test that Saturday.
    Prior to self study and back in college i took the cisco netacademy classes.
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Two weeks the first time; 3 days the last time.
  • Options
    ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Zero to CCENT in about 2 months; I'm still studying for the CCNA right now and I've logged about 2 months worth of studying so far with an expected third month of studying before I'll sit for the exam.
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    One week for each.
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    6 months for the CCENT - though, I didn't spend hours and hours studying. At the time I was the only person in my department and got a lot of calls after hours. I probably spent an 3 or 4 hours per week and 4 hours on a Saturday and Sunday.

Now I'm studying for the ICND2 - I can usually get around 2 hours per day in and around 4 hours on a Saturday and Sunday. It just depends on how you absorb the material. And since you posted another question saying you found it difficult, then it'll be a completely different time frame for yourself.

Like I've said with other new members, this isn't like the A+ or Network+ where you can read a book and within 2 weeks you can pass the exam. There's a lot of material to know to pass these exams. You have to be dedicated in order to go through this, and NOT post braindump sites on here! If you want to go and get a braindump then I suggest that you get off this site, because mate, this isn't the place for you.

Near enough all the members on here are extremely friendly and will answer your questions or point you in the right direction if you're struggling with something. Which leads me to a big shout out to all the members on here - everyone is awesome about helping out if you're not quite sure on something.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    HackedAliasHackedAlias Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    2 months for both ICND1 & 2. ~1month each
  • Options
    stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Two months exactly, a month per cert. I quit my dead in contract job and studied 8 hours per day. I was extremly lucky and got a NOC position the same day I passed. I think most of it is documented on my blog lol.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • Options
    ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    Two months - 1 month for each exam: ICND1 * ICND2
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".