Options

Failed 70-680 today

AdRockAdRock Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Another one who has failed the 70-680 exam today with a score of 560.

I'm not pee'd off about it becuase seeing other users on here who have failed I expected it to be a hard exam.

There was 50 questions and I had 170 mins to do it in but i think this may be something new as they've added questions in there (they don't tell which ones and how many) but these questions don't count to you final score.

There were the usual multiple choice questions with 4 possible answers but some of them where you choose 2 answers had about 10-12 possible answers.

I didn't have anything about AppLocker or BitLocker. Had stuff about user migration, file permissions etc and some questions I had no idea what the answer was.

I watched all the Professor Messer videos which helped as one of the questions was about authentification with a smart card (PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP and PEAP).

I've got my sheet and I know what my weaknesses are which is Configuring Access to Resources, Configuring Mobile Computing and (a bit better) Configuring Backup and Recovery options.

Going to book myself in again as this one took about 2 months to get to and keep doing the practice exams and reading the books/watching videos again.

Comments

• Options
    byteofthebigapplebyteofthebigapple Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did not take the test yet but do like your positive attitude. You know what areas you need to focus on and that you haven't finished studying and practicing. Thank you for not giving up! It is bothersome to read the posts about people that failed and gave up ... glad you're not one of them!
  • Options
    WGUGeekGirlWGUGeekGirl Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with byteofthebigapple about your positivity! I'm going to begin preparing for the MCTS 70-680 and I'm aiming for 8 weeks of study time and then taking practice tests to see if I'm ready for the real thing. So it is good to hear about someone else's experience on the exam. I pray it goes well for you when you take it again!
    "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." - Psalms 119:105 (KJV)
    WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress:
    Transferred
    (58 CUs) | Required (17 CUs) | In Progress (8 CUs) | Completed (36 CUs)
    BBC1, CVV1, GAC1, HHT1, AGC1, BVC1, INC1, INT1, WFV1, AXV1, CPV1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, IWC1, IWT1, QLT1, CLC1, DJV1, DHV1 | COV1, CQV1, CNV1, SBT1, RGT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TYC1, TYP1 | CJV1, CUV1, BOV1, TPV1, MGC1, RIT1, BNC1, KET1, CTV1
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Haha you took the fail better than I did...I was PO'ed then because I failed by one or two questions with a 682 but that's behind me now and looking to retake it sometime in the middle of June (trying to get confidence back). Yeah I got two of those new formats...they give you two-three questions but the same 12 multiple choice answers but they were relatively easy and you could pretty much weed out the least obvious
  • Options
    AdRockAdRock Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree with byteofthebigapple about your positivity! I'm going to begin preparing for the MCTS 70-680 and I'm aiming for 8 weeks of study time and then taking practice tests to see if I'm ready for the real thing. So it is good to hear about someone else's experience on the exam. I pray it goes well for you when you take it again!

Just been practising hte tests again using the cd/dvd that came with this book:

[h=1]MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680): Configuring Windows 7[/h]
    I focused on my weak area and took all the questions. There are 200 question on the cd and for my study I took 67. I got 53 correct whcih gave me 79%. Wish I had that in my real exam. I think some of the questions on here are quite easy compared to the real exam but i did notice that one of the questions was exactly the same as what was asked in the real exam but just worded slightly different.

I've also got this book which is by Don Poulton and that has a practice exam cd included and the questions are a lot tougher much like the real exam.
    [h=1]MCTS 70-680 Cert Guide: Microsoft Windows 7, Configuring [/h]I'm going to go through this one also and do the whole lot.

I don't know how long it will take to book in so i might try again and see how long it takes as I don't want to leave it too long. A lot of the stuff is still in my head and i don't want to forget.

If you're looking for study resources, these books are good and I also used Professor Messers videos which I learnt a lot from. From that I installed Oracle Virtualbox on my pc and I installed Windows 7 within virtualbox so i can lab with it such as preparing system images etc. that what i need....practice at real life situations so i can remember.