Options

WDS is not working - PC not booting into PXE.

Hello guys!

The problem is that there is one domain which is huge and has seperate WDS and DHCP Server.

Note* The Windows 7 iso in opened using 7zip to extract boot.wim and install.wim is on network share. (will this effect something)

WDS has both install and boot images (obviously) with unchecked

Do not listen on port 67
Configure DHCP option 60 to indicate that this server is also a PXE Server.

Scope Options are setted up on the DHCP Server (66,67 and 60)

66 = ip address of the WDS Server
67 boot\x86\wdsbdp.com (do we need to install this nbp or it is installed by default) quite confused.icon_rolleyes.gif
60 PXEClient

The Error is PXE-E55: ProxyDHCP service did not reply to request on port 4011.

The network interface gets an IP address.

Your help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I assume this works for WDS the same as it does for SCCM. Never set any DHCP scope options. Just use ip helper-address commands (assuming Cisco) that point to both the DHCP server and WDS server. And if you do use the DHCP options, you should just need options 66 and 67. Option 67 should be wdsnbp.com not wdsbdp.com
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    Have you set WDS to respond to client computers (known/unknown, etc)? The default setting is for it to not respond, to allow you to configure the server.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • Options
    halaakajanhalaakajan Member Posts: 167
    @jmritenour: I have setted it "Respond to all client computers (known and unknown). Thanks!!

@zartanasaurus: You mean I need to remove scope option 60 for PXE boot and just leave 66 and 67 ? Yeah sorry for the spelling mistake.

You mean set ip helper address on the switches where the clients are connected or where ? I am confused where to configure ip helper address ? Thank you!!
  • Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246