Options

How many sims normally on exam?

squirrelman00squirrelman00 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I failed my CCNA exam today. I was on the first sim and was starting to run out of time and didn't want to spend too much time on it. I was kind of bombing the sim anyway. I figured I'd save a little more time for the second sim.... but there wasn't a second sim icon_confused.gif I ended up with 12 minutes left that I could have spent on the 1 sim.

Comments

• Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    There are one or two sims on the CCNA. If depends on the pool of questions you get.
  • Options
    jsondjsond Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    not sure on the big ccna but I had 2 on my intro exam..one was very easy (but even I found out a way to make it difficult) one was a good challenge that I spent at least 10+ minutes on.

Won't take the ICND for about 2 months but I would expect to see 2 sim's on that one..we'll see.
  • Options
    NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
    Hmmm...I think I could go through all of the INTRO CLI commands in about 3 minutes. I dont want to ask what is on the exam, but what simulation topics can last 10 minutes?
  • Options
    Noods wrote:
    Hmmm...I think I could go through all of the INTRO CLI commands in about 3 minutes. I dont want to ask what is on the exam, but what simulation topics can last 10 minutes?

trust me noods, you'll do fine. That sim that took me over 10 minutes says more about me panicking and wanting to be 100% sure more than normal since I had a few multiple choice questions before that point that I was sure I bombed on.

Honestly it took me just a few minutes to figure out what was necessary for the requirements. However like I mentioned in my post there was one detail that I was 50/50 on and kept going back and forth on. I think based on my grade I made the right decision but I really did go back and forth a few times before clicking submit. Bottom line from that sim: know the output of 'show ip interfaces' and the cdp output very well.
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks! :)
  • Options
    Noods wrote:
    Awesome, thanks! :)

np..i've read ur posts noods.. you will do well, just know the IOS commands..then we need to combine our efforts to tackle the ICND...which I will start studing for tonight when I get to work.
  • Options
    Sounds like a deal :)

I take the INTRO on the 13th, Ill let you know how I do. We can tackle the ICND from there.
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    ^

Good luck tomorrow Noods.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    Cramming for it now ;)

Hope I dont get any questions on routing protocols...none of the study materials I have worked with cover it icon_eek.gif