Options

What is your study pattern?

byteofthebigapplebyteofthebigapple Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I read that some studied for months while others studied for weeks ... are you studying several hours a day or a few days a week ... I have tried committing to 3 hours a day but after work it is rough. I don't know how long to wait for the test - can I do it in a month or several months? How do I know when "its time?"

I'm in the "warm up stretch" ...

Comments

• Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I usually set sertain segments to dedicate that day like if I am watching CBT Nugget videos, I dedicate two-three slides per sitting and go back to take notes, no matter how long it takes (could be 1-2 hours to finalize everything). If I am reading that day I also say to myself I can get through 2-3 full chapters with any questionaires or notetaking I have to do (helpful hints or some more brushing up I have to do). At the end of the segmented chapters I set I finalize the notes and answers to topics I may have been questionable on. I know when I am actually ready for a test when I start doing better on practice tests and getting a good grasp on the concepts of the syllabus of the exam. Sometimes I do procrastinate and get lazy so it takes me about 2-3 months (sometimes more) in-between exams.

It might be a little different for you but if you do take practice exams or the exams at the end of the chapters and do well on them I guess that might be a way to guage if you are ready or not.

You will know when its time
  • Options
    NB4LNB4L Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've come across plenty of "Study Tips" via google. There are sooo many ways to study, you're bound to find one that fits you perfectly.
  • Options
    MstavridisMstavridis Member Posts: 107
    This might sound ridiculous but while im at work I have the CBT nuggets of the exam im going to study playing in my headphones. Most time I'm doing work but I am surprised at what I still absorb while passively listening to the video.
  • Options
    Wilson502Wilson502 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thats pretty sweet ur work lets u do that.
    Currently Studying: MCITP:SA, B.S. Business Administration with Focus in Computer Info Systems, Cal State Fresno
    Degree Completion: Spring 2013
    Future Studies: MCITP:EA, MCSE 2012, CCNA/CCNP, VCP5, Security+, Linux+, SQL