Options

CCIE, here we go?!?!

Comments

• Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Thanks guys! Yea I've gotten hit with some rough hours in the last 8 months but this was the first time I had to pull and all nighter in the office, at least next week will feel real short LOL.

TY for the link ipSpace, I remember I used that book when I worked on my QoS exam but forgot about it. I downloaded it again and added to my CCIE book list! I'll be reviewing that this weekend.

Yea I'm going tackle a little more QoS this weekend.

RSVP
    Review some LFI
    And go back over SRR

Although I'm going to find a few hours to myself and hang out with some friends to unwind a bit this weekend.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    Well one of my calls got cancelled today so I don't have to work today!!! YAY!!

More study time icon_smile.gif
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    Well one of my calls got cancelled today so I don't have to work today!!! YAY!!

More study time icon_smile.gif

Nice! Enjoy the studies.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    jamesp1983 wrote: »
    Nice! Enjoy the studies.

Sadly I find it a little relaxing to sit back and read/lab.. It's just more relaxing then anything else. of course I'm sure anything other than work is relaxing at the moment lol. It's just nice to do something at my own pace.

Got a decent bit of RSVP information:

Resource Reservation Protocol - DocWiki

Network Protocols Configuration Guide, Part 1 - Configuring RSVP - Cisco Systems

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/qos/configuration/guide/qcfsbm.pdf

Cisco IOS Quality of Service Solutions Configuration*Guide, Release*12.2 - Signalling Overview * [Cisco IOS Software Releases 12.2 Mainline] - Cisco Systems
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    Spent the better half of the day reading/labbing SRR and WTD. I'm feel it's a good move on from QoS. I'm sure I'll come back to it.

Now to tackle EIGRP and OSPF! Off to Routing TCP/IP Vol I (again!)
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    Read through OSPF in both Routing TCP/IP Vol I and the CCIE Cert Guide. It was a good refresher, I read through Routing TCP/IP Vol I a few months back

Didn't get to EIGRP since I had to work a little today, but I'll be getting that during the week.

I guess one cool thing about working for a service provider is I've got customers running running all these protocols (except RIP...so far) in all different ways.
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    Well, it's going to be a pretty gloomy weekend down here in FL. Not that it matters since it will be another weekend of reading icon_smile.gif

Did get a good amount of reading done during the week. A good 3 hours each night (except Thursday cause I didn't leave the office till 12am)
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Well, it's going to be a pretty gloomy weekend down here in FL. Not that it matters since it will be another weekend of reading icon_smile.gif

Yessir. I drove from South Florida to Tampa today and it was ridiculous. I went over this steep bridge with the rain pouring down heavy and was scared.
  • Options
    Yea Tampa got slammed this weekend. Thinking I might work from home the next few days icon_smile.gif

I'm guessing you ended up on one of those bridges from St Pete or Clearwater?
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yea Tampa got slammed this weekend. Thinking I might work from home the next few days icon_smile.gif

I'm guessing you ended up on one of those bridges from St Pete or Clearwater?

The Sky whatever bridge on the I275. I was told it actually sways in the wind and it's super steep. It's like a wicked incline. Thunder was intermittent, the wind was blowing probably 30+ knots, torrential downpour. I was scared ish less. I told my supervisor about it and said I was crazy and should've just kept on I-75 to avoid that monstrosity.
  • Options
    They've actually closed that bridge today. (I think they have a portion of it closed still)

It's the price we pay for nice weather year round.
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    Gonna be another heavy weekend of reading.

Which topic to dive into today.. let's see
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Keep it up ! I am a few months behind you.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    Cisco Press has another 50% sale
    INE has the CCIE R/S videos on sale to..

So I think I'll be spending a little bit of money today lol

Along with another day of long reading sessions... VTP, Spanning-Tree here we go.

(Yes I know I'm kind of working backwards on the blueprint lol)
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    It's going to be a Multicast night !!

Gonna start with the CBT Nuggets video, then hit the CCIE R/S book then Developing IP Multicast Networks.
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    Had a busy week at work (nothing odd there), ended up working half this morning (early) splitting up these OSPF areas and summarizing them. Wasn't bad at all since I created the script/commands earlier this week icon_smile.gif -although there was a little troubleshooting involved, apparently some previous engineers forgot how to subnet.

I did get a little bit of time in during the week, finished up the 2 Multicast chapters in the CCIE:R/S CG, watched the CBT Nuggets videos and working my way through Developing IP Multicast Networks... All the while labbing. It's one thing to read it in a book and watch a video, whole nother thing to see it in action.

Plus I'm going to be traveling again this week, so I'm going to get everything on my kindle apps so I can keep reading while I travel.

Going to be a another fun week.
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    Worked from home today, So I'll be able to sneak in a few hours of reading/labbing tonight

Multicast is a fairly extensive topic, I forgot almost half of Routing TCP/IP is Multicast. I'll read that portion after Developing IP Multicast Network.
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    Got a good bit of reading done while traveling, of course I picked up a few more books.

IPv6 for the Enterprise
    Deploying IPv6 Networks
    Optimal Routing Design

I'll get to those once I finish with Multicast. More material never hurt.
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Let us know how those IPv6 books are. You're making some nice progress.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    Definitely will I'm tearing apart multicast and the labbing out what I can since It's a pretty week subject of mine, so I'll probably get to the IPv6 books by next week.

Yea it's still seems like a pretty daunting goal but one objective at a time icon_smile.gif -I think I might take a shot at the written in another month or two. (I'm really just waiting on my employer to finish buying the part I need to complete the IE lab in the office icon_smile.gif
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I look forward to learning multicast in more detail. PIM is so popular, it'll be time well spent!

At the very least, I know what (S,G) and (*,G) mean now. :p
  • Options
    Yea, multicast is pretty interesting.

I'm just about done with Developing IP Multicast Networks, now I'm read the Multicast portion of Routing TCP/IP Vol II
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I look forward to learning multicast in more detail. PIM is so popular, it'll be time well spent!

At the very least, I know what (S,G) and (*,G) mean now. :p

Simple truth - alot of what you learn will be pointless. SSM is king in real world deployments, and obsoletes far too much of what they try and teach about multicast
  • Options
    Kind of like the whole frame-relay thing icon_smile.gif

Yea, I've got a few friends that building out the multicast functionality of their networks. They have said the same thing.
    My Networking blog