Options

CCIE, here we go?!?!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I'm still around!!

Can't believe this thread has been around 13 months. On the bright side got my Written scheduled, I'l be taking it the first Monday at Live!

Gonna squeeze through a full through Volume I before Live and my written other then that I'm worried much about the written.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    Knocked out the written Monday at Live, and boy am I happy I took that exam on Monday and not later in the week!

Also I happened to win a on-site boot camp from INE at the hard rock, which made the thing worth it right there. So I might try to slide in their next 10-day bootcamp in Orlando and push a for a lab attempt shortly after.
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and welcome back to the land of CCIE hopefuls! The bootcamp is an awesome bonus!
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    Thanks man! I never left the world of CCIE icon_smile.gif, just silently studying. Although I am getting deeper in voice and data center at work which is taking me away from my CCIE studies a little.

I am planning on hitting the studying even harder as I want to attend the bootcamp in Nov. I want to very prepared for the bootcamp, just need to get the approval for work.

On a side note, I took the SolarWinds Certified Professional exam earlier this week and passed. (I'll be posting a review of the exam on blog next Monday) Just one afternoon as a break from the CCIE studies while it raining and I was bored haha.
    My Networking blog
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Lab Vol 2 is calling your name. It's saying "just 1 more section, 1 more and you can take a break!" Just kidding, keep up the hard work!

See if your boss will give you work time to attend the monthly Cisco UCS users group. They will be going over a lot of Cisco Data Center and UCS topics which will only help your studies. I *may* be a presenter for a few sessions after I move in 6mos.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    LOL!

Yea lab 15 was interesting, had a rough start with PPPoE, but I found the IPv4 section to be pretty simple, Security wasn't too bad either. I think I need to spend time going over RMON and EEM. I've done some EEM scripts but EEM is a pretty large subject. I think I'm going to dedicate a few blogs posts to EEM over the coming weeks.

I'll check out the UCS Group! I'm sure it won't be probably, maybe I'll bring that up after I get approval for the 2 week INE bootcamp in Orlando haha
    My Networking blog