Options

CCNA: Passed

Alexf302Alexf302 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
After failing my first attempt last Monday, I wasn't sure that I'd be making another go at it any time soon.

After some deliberation, I decided to study and lab as much as I could for a week, and try once more.

I went in much more confident this time, but the exam certainly wasn't a stress-free experience. I arrived at my last question - a sim, of course - with 20 minutes left. I got pretty deep into it when one of the devices that I was working on locked up as the clock continued to run down. The proctor eventually rebooted the PC, and when the exam came back up, the question had reset back to the very beginning and all of my configuration was erased. Then, with 8 minutes left, I did what I could, but I just couldn't finish it before the timer ran to zero.

I very nervously clicked over to the results screen, expecting to see a failing grade due to blowing the sim, but to my surprise I still managed an 867 - safely above the passing grade!

I still had a report submitted to let them know what happened. I'm just thankful that I didn't run into the problem earlier. If the sim had appeared sooner in the exam, I probably would have been run out of time and missed several other questions. Phew!

Comments

• Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulation. Well done. Whats next on the list?
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Wow, the computer you were testing on locked up?! That's pretty much my worst nightmare right there. Glad to hear you still passed though, that's very awesome! Great job, now you can relax!
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    What a nightmare. That would be aweful!
  • Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    warm congratulation,work hard for another archievement.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
    congrats, taking mine in about 2 week(now I'm nerves) My ccent test my 1st question was ready 5 questions and by mistake I only answered 1 and then I was sure I failed. So took rest in peace planning on a fail but passed.
    :thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! That had to be nerve racking.
  • Options
    Alexf302Alexf302 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow, the computer you were testing on locked up?! That's pretty much my worst nightmare right there. Glad to hear you still passed though, that's very awesome! Great job, now you can relax!

It wasn't the computer itself. One of the routers within the simulation bugged out mid-show command and wouldn't accept any further input.

If I failed by only a little I was told that I could have disputed the results due to the bug. Whether that would have accomplished anything positive for me I have no idea. Thankfully, it didn't matter.
  • Options
    maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on pass!!