Options

Epic fail .. always check the architecture ....

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
Can't believe it .. ordered a new Linux VPS with 32 Bit .. for hours I am getting all sorts of weird problems .. Can't even flipping install PHP as it is looking for the wrong MySQL libraries ...

After 5hrs I finally find out that they comissioned 64Bit .... no error was clearly pointing an architecture problem otherwise it would have saved me a lot of time ..

So note to self : 'uname -m' when getting a new server ;)
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    LOL. Yep. I've had that happen to me. It's a facepalm moment when you skip a step like that. Sometimes our complicated brains can't deal with simple troubleshooting steps :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Ah, the tiny details. Today i was deploying a Lync edge server. Certificate kept saying it was expired or not valid yet. I kept checking the dates on the cert and they were OK. After 1 hour banging at it i noticed the time and date on the machine were wrong. Oh joy!
  • Options
    Geek1969Geek1969 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Earlier this week.....three hours one afternoon double and triple checking my wireless lan controller configuration from scratch trying to find out why my 5 Ghz "N" only SSID was not broadcasting from any of the wap's in my lab. Only to discover that the laptop desktop services gave me for wireless testing has a B/G only card in it. ****Walking down the hall, shaking head in disgust**** My Bad.....
    WIP:
    ROUTE