70-685 and not 70-680 - wtf?! Studying for an exam ... required test changed.

byteofthebigapplebyteofthebigapple Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am aggravated -- was told MUST pass 70-680 by July ... now it turns out they gave the wrong number - it was 70-685. I bought exams online, books and Professor Messer - invested too much money and time to stop now. I'm still taking the 70-680 since I came this far - seriously aggravated. I could return Professor Messor since I didn't get it yet - should I?

Will this be any help to the 70-685?

Arrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!allout.gifallout.gifallout.gif

Comments

• tylercatontylercaton Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    YES! The 70-680 covers so much more material than the 685. After studying for weeks the 685 was cake compared to the 680. There aren't even study guides available because they assume people will take both for their MCITP. Just take it, overall it'll increase your salary and ability as a tech in the long run.
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Having covered the 680 i would imagine the 685 should be a easy walk for yourself - have you gone through the 685 objectives and perhaps you can cover them to pass the 685 before moving on to the 680
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    tylercaton wrote: »
    YES! The 70-680 covers so much more material than the 685. After studying for weeks the 685 was cake compared to the 680. There aren't even study guides available because they assume people will take both for their MCITP. Just take it, overall it'll increase your salary and ability as a tech in the long run.

There ARE study guides for the 685...

http://amzn.to/Mnjp8x
    http://amzn.to/SJFXkG
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Christobevii3Christobevii3 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Took the 70-685 today and definitely was a bit different in areas than I expected. I made a 640 I believe (their printer was broken). So pretty much missed it by two questions. Try and go over the questions I remembered that I was unsure of retake it friday. The microsoft book was ok and the transcender stuff but not near as good at the 70-680.