Options

CCNA exam on 27th of June !!

Promedia77_ukPromedia77_uk Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey people,

First of all, I just want to send my best wishes to the designers and moderators of this site. It is a great place for students like me, to get confidence and to get help about the CCNA.

I have asked my instructor to book me the CCNA exam, which I will hope to take it on the 27th. I am going on holiday on the 8th of July, so I am taking it on the 27th just incase I fail, so I can retake it, before going away. I am pretty good at this CCNA stuff and hope I will pass, but I am not thinking ahead of my self.

Before doing the exam and having gone through the whole Academy ( Semester 1 - 4 ), I just want to tell you CCNA students out there, make sure you take notes at the end of each chapter. I have done this ever since I enrolled for the course and it has helped me so much. I am not saying, copy everything you see onto Word, but rather make your own notes to make sure you remember that chapter well in the future.

For myself, as I have taken notes for each chapter, I dont have that many pages to read and I am hoping to pass the exam. I am taking it in my college which is a qulified testing centre, this will help me a lot, as there wont be any cameras on top of my head.

Is there any area that I should concentrate on, to prepare well for the CCNA exam, I mean an area, where questions will defiently come up on the exam ?

I would appreciate a feedback.

Best wishes

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hi,

You can expect question about basically anything you encountered in the Academy material, but there are some things that stand out such as subnetting, vlsm, ospf, basic router configuration, and ethernet and other LAN/WAN network technologies concepts and operation details. There's no way to predict what'll be on 'your' test.
  • Options
    ziggyziggy Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did the same as you...made notes off of each of the 4 levels as I was taking them.

Each level filled a 1" binder. This weekend, I condensed those 4 " worth of material into another seperate 1" binder. I studied, and studied, and passed today.

The only thing I can add in "what to know" is VLSM/subnetting. I was really confident in it, but still it takes time. If you know it (and I am sure you allready do), practice it and get really quick at it. You can lose a lot of time on it during the exam.

I seems that in the forums, a lot of people say that there is a lot of it on the exam, well they are right.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    Good luck man, same day as my birthday icon_cool.gif
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • Options
    mikeyoungmikeyoung Member Posts: 101
    Take practice exams until you are scoring in the high 90s or 100. During your actual exam, take your time on each question to make sure you read it right, but do not linger. Mind how much time you have and make SURE you finish.

Mike
    Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability.
  • Options
    sartellmansartellman Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,
    Just passed 640-801 today with a 925. Time was a huge, huge concern of mine. With 55 questions and 90 mins you would think that you would have sufficient time, but I did not find that to be the case. I finished with like 2 mins left. My best advice is read the question once (carefully of course), answer, and move on. I read Todd Lammle's book, and also have quite a bit of hands on through my employment. Well, if you get anything out of this post, be careful with time, and GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • Options
    schwarztraderschwarztrader Inactive Imported Users Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sweet! I too have scheduled my exam on the 27th of this month. I'm sure we'll both pass with good scores.
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    Promedia77_ukPromedia77_uk Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sweet! I too have scheduled my exam on the 27th of this month. I'm sure we'll both pass with good scores.

I hope so my friend. I took my second voucher exam today, and did pretty well. How do I request my voucher now ? It said voucher eligable at the end, and on my login page ( cisco.netacad.net ) it says:

Request for INTRO Voucher

Is that the CCNA voucher ? Or is that a different thing ? Because I am taking the full CCNA, hopfully on the 27th. Is that the voucher for this I need to request ?

Thanks !