Options

failed my 680 exam today..for the second time :(

scnewbie1230scnewbie1230 Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey everyone, i am new to this board. today i took my 680 exam for the second time and i failed. i am so depressed. i thought i passed this time around...i see i have to wait 2 weeks to retake again. i do not want to fail for a 3rd time. and whats crazy is that the place i took my test, couldnt print out the paper i needed to know what areas i messed up on. any pointers?

Comments

• Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    hey everyone, i am new to this board. today i took my 680 exam for the second time and i failed. i am so depressed. i thought i passed this time around...i see i have to wait 2 weeks to retake again. i do not want to fail for a 3rd time. and whats crazy is that the place i took my test, couldnt print out the paper i needed to know what areas i messed up on. any pointers?

What resources did you use?
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    TridztanTridztan Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□

Hard luck. Don't give up, I'm sure you'll be third time lucky. Best of luck for your next retake.
  • Options
    byteofthebigapplebyteofthebigapple Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If they couldn't print out your paper make sure you get a partial refund. Its important to know where you weren't strong. I would choose another center. People take road tests several times before they pass - some people are just not test takers. Don't give up - you'll get there!
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hang in there and you'll get it. It's a beast of an exam for most people, I know a few guys who have several years of Windows 7 experience and failed it 4-5 times before passing. Keep it up you'll get there.
  • Options
    What resources did you use?

i have the mcts exam self training kit book and practice exams from *********. i want to go in 2 weeks and finally pass this...i dont know what happened today. i felt good about it.
  • Options
    Tridztan wrote: »
    Hard luck. Don't give up, I'm sure you'll be third time lucky. Best of luck for your next retake.

thanks so much
  • Options
    If they couldn't print out your paper make sure you get a partial refund. Its important to know where you weren't strong. I would choose another center. People take road tests several times before they pass - some people are just not test takers. Don't give up - you'll get there!
    i was thinking the same thing, i am not going there again. and i could hear the staff laughing and at one point someone was vaccumingicon_confused.gif:. thank you so much
  • Options
    N2IT wrote: »
    Hang in there and you'll get it. It's a beast of an exam for most people, I know a few guys who have several years of Windows 7 experience and failed it 4-5 times before passing. Keep it up you'll get there.

its so weird. you think you have it down and feel so confident..i know tests are not my friend
  • Options
    quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't give up Mate, you havent failed, you have now gained some extra knowledge on what to expect and this will place you in a stronger position for the next one. As someone cited above, consider it a test run, and try not to be down on yourself, many, many, and I mean many people fail these exams even the 2nd and 3rd time around. They are reputed as some of the toughest exams out there, so when you do crack it, take the podium my friend and thank yourself for not giving up. :)

You have the support of all of us here, and many have been through it and feel your pain, some have test-driven these exams once or twice also, I'll probably be one of those people in about two months, so I'll keep some beer on ice for us just in case... :)
    The Wings of Technology
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    i have the mcts exam self training kit book and practice exams from *********. i want to go in 2 weeks and finally pass this...i dont know what happened today. i felt good about it.

When a poster mentions a resource used for a test and it comes up all asterisk like this->******, it could be a brain **** resource. Can anyone verify this for me. ..?
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    AdRockAdRock Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I failed the 70-680 the other day so i know how you feel.

I got an email from Microsoft yesterday saying that the exam is rigorous but at least I know what to expect next time. I know my weaknesses now and have since done a practice test using the MCTS self paced training guide book and i got 78% just for those sections i was weak on. I'm still going through it and am going to read the chapters to get more understanding and maybe in a few weeks, i'll book myself in again.

DON'T GIVE UP.....I'm not going to!!
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□

Sorry to hear you didn't pass. The fact that one of your resources shows up as **** is concerning. Verify any resources you would like to use against certguard.com

You can call Prometric and let them know you didn't get a print out. They will email you a .pdf in about a week.
  • Options
    ok thanks :) i will. and i will check out the site.
  • Options
    kremitkremit Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□

Coming from the king of failures, don't give up. You didn't post what materials you are using to study. I'll give you my study technique if it helps any. I'll go through and read a book that dives into whatever exam, be it the CCNA or windows 7 exam. Learn everything about it. Microsoft series books or any other highly regarded book on amazon. Then buy an exam book. Here is the key. Regardless of how redundant the exam study seems, still read ALL of it and find practice exams to use. You'll be really surprised how much is retained after reading so much info. Good luck.
    Pending:
    640-816; ITIL 2011
    2013:
    Sharepoint, ITIL, CCNA
  • Options
    KenCKenC Member Posts: 131
    A couple of pointers followed by a couple of questions:

1) If you look through the forums on this site, you'll see it mentioned time and time again to use multiple resources for your studies on any subject or exam.
    2) Hands-on experience is great too, and with virtual machines etc, you will learn a lot more by setting up a virtual lab that you set-up from scratch and constantly tweak it for the particular topic you are currently covering. If you are not getting the experience in work, you really should be getting this experience with your own virtual lab. It will help greatly with the troubleshooting questions.

3) Have you any other certifications under your belt (e.g. Network+)?
    4) Do you think it might be worth putting the exam on hold, and focus more on getting experience? As N2IT mentioned, even those with years of experience can still fail (possibly because this exam is more about deployments etc.,).

I spent many years with no professional certifications before I studied for ANY (my argument was I wanted the knowledge not just the cert). I still found that there were whole topics that I had no exposure to, and they were the ones I had to really study up on. Save your money until you are sure (you should know in the practice exams why the correct answers are correct and the incorrect answers are incorrect, then you're ready).
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Remember the most successful people in the world fail the most. It's because they are willing to try and try and try before they finally get it.
  • Options
    MstavridisMstavridis Member Posts: 107
    So is this test as hard as the CCNA exam?