Options

******SBS2011 verus MCA server2008 r2 with network infructure ******

darrengoldsmithdarrengoldsmith Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
i have posted before aboout sbs 2011 and MCITP server. most saying go for MCITP SA. i have not done a server exam before. with Window 8 coming out. i thought i might hold off until the exam is released. now im thinking MCA server exam ,it not released to pubic yet just those at schools. tafe's and other places of learning ect. i have been told it will be relased to the public soon. so my question is should i do the SBS 2011 which includes exchange server and share point or wait for MCA is relased to public and do as suggested by microsoft for those starting out and do MCA server and network inf exam and throw in exhange server exam for good measure??????????
im not in the industry thinking about it

my thought is do the SBS 2011 and wait for the new server exams for win 8

MCT SBS 2011

or

MCA server admin
MCT network inf
MCT exchange server config

Comments

• Options
    atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
    Do you currently work with SBS 2011? If yes, then go for the SBS exam. I have never used SBS but from what I understand it's a different beast compared to the other standalone operating systems.

Also, I would personally focus on technology that is currently available(windows 7/2008/r2), these aren't going to be displaced any time soon, I also doubt that companies will be migrating to Windows 8 as soon as it's released.
  • Options
    darrengoldsmithdarrengoldsmith Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the advice
    im currently studying for 70-682