Options

Server Core on 70-640

LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
Is Server Core seen on the 70-640 exam? I have heard it is and I have heard it isn't. I am about 3 weeks away from testing and I don't want to waste any study time on something if it is not needed.

Thanks,
Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
Currently Working On: Security+
2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd study up on it. Microsoft has a large pool of questions, so some people may get questions on it, others won't. It's a nice feature, so learning about it would be useful.
  • Options
    X10MMXX10MMX Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree. I just sat the 640 exam a couple of months ago. Its a good topic to know about. A big plus for security.
  • Options
    OK, thanks guys. Even though I am pressing ahead for my cert, I am really about learning this stuff; so learning Core it is.

• Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Without violating NDA, I will say that every single certification in the 70-64x series has the potential to ask Server Core questions. That being said, 70-640 I believe has a larger focus on server core, and you are very likely to get some specific questions. What's covered in the MS Press book should be sufficient.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ptilsen wrote: »
    That being said, 70-640 I believe has a larger focus on server core, and you are very likely to get some specific questions. What's covered in the MS Press book should be sufficient.

That's true. I just followed along with the book, doing the labs. Practice the various commands and you should be good to.
  • Options
    Great info, thanks a lot.