Options

Creating flashcards for an iphone?

chappys4lifechappys4life Member Posts: 114
Right now I am studying for the security+ and I like to make flashcards for studying and go through them whenever I have some free time. It sucks having to carry around 3x5 cards. I was wondering if there was an app or some way to easily create flashcards I could read on my phone since I have it on me normally.

I was thinking an app or webpage I could type them up on my computer (windows 7) and have them sync to my iphone. Am I asking too much or is there something like it?

Comments

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There are several, I used Flashcard Exchange and the app for a while and it works great

Flashcards: The world's largest online library of printable flash cards

You can create your own or use what other people have created on the website. Also on the app you can download from the app.

I keep some CISSP, Security+, Network+ ones in my profile I found from others that I use for interviews so I don't blank out on something easy.

You can remove some or add, or create your own sets from others. Works excellent. Well at least back when I had an iPhone, I use the Android version now.
  • Options
    silverspotsilverspot Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It has been awhile since I used them, but check out cramberry.net. They have a sync to iPhone option.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Anki - friendly, intelligent flashcards

this is a great app/site.

you can save you flashcards locally or on-line. and access them through a varity of apps (i have used android and desktop app), it also has a proper study tool repeting the one you get wrong more often. And so easy to use as well. Oh and did i mention its free :)

you can also share your cards (decks) and view others, indeed search my name and you will find my CCNP SWITCH and my partly completed CCNP Route.

Anki also has a great desktop widget for Android (not sure for iphone), so always to hand for a 30 second blast :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    I use this app called Mental Case. I use it for my iPad. It is not a free app, but it works for me.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    XiaoTechXiaoTech Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    Anki - friendly, intelligent flashcards

this is a great app/site.

you can save you flashcards locally or on-line. and access them through a varity of apps (i have used android and desktop app), it also has a proper study tool repeting the one you get wrong more often. And so easy to use as well. Oh and did i mention its free :)

you can also share your cards (decks) and view others, indeed search my name and you will find my CCNP SWITCH and my partly completed CCNP Route.

Anki also has a great desktop widget for Android (not sure for iphone), so always to hand for a 30 second blast :)

+1 for Anki. I used to used it to help with learning Japanese. Now I use a website called Skritter that lets my write characters out, so a little more useful. But for memorizing raw data, Anki is great. The iOS version is a little shitty compared to the Android one, since you have to sync things throw their cloud side instead of just putting your decks on it directly. Plus it's $25. :/

But yeah...Anki is great.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    XiaoTech wrote: »
    Plus it's $25. :/

Ouch i did not notice that.

Bu i had forgot it does support multi media information as well, so you can make up audio and video cards if you so wish :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Mental Case and Quizlet are my preferred tools and do exactly what your looking for.

Mental Case, while not free ($4.99), has the best interface of any flashcard app. It's integrated with Quizlet which makes getting flash cards to your phone, easy.

Quizlet (free and paid) is pretty awesome for flash cards. It has a pretty nice import feature, can take in images on notes (although, I think that's a paid feature), games for flash cards, and a bevy of other features. Also, like other note card sites, you can search other folks note sets for topics. That said, the other site of note, Flashcard Exchange, I bieve does just as good.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness