Options

Exam Path

jak096jak096 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Can't decide where to begin. Failed Net+ several months ago. So expensive compared to MS. Wanted to work on Windows 7 because it is more in line with what I do. But, I discovered you need to know server admin. first.

I was MCSE in NT. Live in small town and have little experience. My main interest is in Networking. The small co. I work for only has a wireless router and probably won't get a server anytime soon but things could change.

I have the study material for Net+ but not sure if I should start over with that or go for 642 or 685.

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If your main interest is in networking, you should go for the CCENT/CCNA. Or did you mean MS networking? In that case the 642 is good, but it may be a little difficult given your lack of work experience on servers, but still doable with study at home.

I also suggest you relocate to broaden your horizons and look for a role that's in line with your career aspirations.

O and welcome to the forums!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    jak096jak096 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was referring to Cisco\CompTIA networking and security but thought knowledge of server would be a good place to start. Thanks for your suggestion.