Options

VCP Query!!

pioneeraaronpioneeraaron Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys im from India.I've completed my MCSE(Security) Currently im planning to give the VCP certification.Any background knowledge required for virtualisation?? Im also studing CCNA side by side so that i get an idea both about networks, virtualisation and storage too.
Any carrier guidance whether im going in the right path or not?? Is CCNA certification mandatory for jobs in virtualisation??

Help appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to TE.

No background knowledge required for virtualization. Helpful background knowledge are Networking, SAN & guest OS.

CCNA cert is not required for virtualization jobs.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    dave330i wrote: »
    Welcome to TE.

No background knowledge required for virtualization. Helpful background knowledge are Networking, SAN & guest OS.

CCNA cert is not required for virtualization jobs.

Thanx a lot dave!! :)

Where can i get the documentation for SAN or any videos for the same?? Any help??
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There's this book called Information Storage and Management, should be enough to get your started on storage.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    There's this book called Information Storage and Management, should be enough to get your started on storage.

Thanx Essendon :)

Author of the book??
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanx Essendon :)

Author of the book??

Its from EMC. Do a search on amazon and it should show up.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    dave330i wrote: »
    Its from EMC. Do a search on amazon and it should show up.

Thank u so much guys!! :)

I just registered for the Corporate training from HP for Vmware VCP for $763 here in india INR 40450/-
    Course would commence on June 18th.Will update as soon as i get through the training and the exam :)
  • Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm reading Information Storage and Management: Storing, Managing, and Protecting Digital Information. Alot of information but its pretty good to round out the VCP exam. VMWare Press has a storage book coming out in Aug, so I'm waiting on that.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Options
    I'm reading Information Storage and Management: Storing, Managing, and Protecting Digital Information. Alot of information but its pretty good to round out the VCP exam. VMWare Press has a storage book coming out in Aug, so I'm waiting on that.

Hey guys i got the book by EMC.It costed me 10$ i.e INR 540/- I've started studing and i must say this book is very informative and good for starters in storage technology :)