Options

Critique my Resume ..for the better

Santa_Santa_ Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
icon_redface.gif Pretty simple title.

So I just spent some time rearranging and updating my resume. After reading a few articles here and there and reading user insights I thought I'd give it a try.

Now that I've finished it or so far think that I have, I'd like you, the members to critique it.

Once I've finished my A+ test next week ...where should I add Qualifications and/or Skills? What I mean is where should I place the heading? Before Education?

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    A few things caught my eye:

- Remove your home address, not needed
    - Email address at the top is not justified to the right. Seems like you positioned it by adding spaces. If you get rid of the physical address you can do name, phone and email in 3 centered lines or phone and email on the second line
    - Remove objective, doesn't add anything. It is a given you want a job. Also, "self-starter who is..." is not an objective
    - Font size - the "qualifications" section had 10 and 11. Stick with one
    - It should be Microsoft Office (capital O)
    - the location for "Company Name, City, STATE" doesn't work for me. Looks weird
    - Verb tense: you list two jobs as PRESENT but use past tense verbs

One last thing, you may want to be more specific in your experience section. For example, the PC Technician position sounds too generic. Present more detail on what specific things you worked on, anything that can help you stand out from every other tech out there. Key achievements, etc.
  • Options
    Santa_Santa_ Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Alright, so I did some tweaking. Thanks for your input too Cyber.

Slightly better?
  • Options
    neilperryneilperry Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Skills skills skills. Give me something to quickly glance at that shows me what you know (and don't BS too much with this in case you get called out). What software have you used? I see what operating systems you are familiar with.

I'd format the education part too. And make sure its all the same color text-wise, it seems like the two bottom bullets in pc technician are grey