Options

ccna no experience what to expect what to do , helpppp

Hi guys , yestareday I pass the icnd1 test with a 925 score , now Iam getting ready for icnd2 ( taking the test in one month ) . Now my situation is this , I do not have any college degree or experience to back up my ccna , I just have cable experience for like 6 years working for a satellite company(directv), what can I expect after getting my ccna ? I live in new york city , should I put on my resumen that experience or that is inrelevant for the employers? Iam planning after getting the ccna try to find first an intership but I really dont know where to go where to start , Iam willing to put time into this as long as it take me even if I dont make any money .Last question , with the ccent certification can I start already looking for the internship?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Putti in your resume, definitely. It shows employers that you have a technical mind. It's also never too early to look for internships.

With a ccna, ccent even in your case I would start from the bottom. Help desk technician, network technician and work your way up from ground 0.

Gotta start from the bottom no matter what nowadays really. And congrats by the way.
  • Options
    luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
    Thank you very much for your suggestions and you time Jasiono.
  • Options
    shecklersheckler Member Posts: 201
    Take an English class. It's very important.
  • Options
    luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
    Muchas gracias Sheckler.
  • Options
    JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's not right. Just because of his post doesn't mean he can't speak English.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    ignore sheckler

Like Jasiono said, put it in the resume, make a good tech resume (a resume that highlight IT duties/experience/knowledge etc)
    And start pouring that resume around everywhere
    exito
    meh
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I wouldn't ignore shekler's advice. Communication is a big part of finding a job. I don't know what your English skills are like, but if they are lacking it is definitely something you should work on.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.