Options

70-682

BudzyBudzy Member Posts: 117
Took this one today and scored a very satisfying 962.

Was rather nervous beforehand as it was the first time I’d taken an upgrade exam. Didn’t know what to really expect apart from knowing this exam is a combination of TS:70-680 and PRO:70-685. (I also found a few threads on this forum of other people’s experience just to give me an idea of what to expect).

So anyway, I found the first set of questions (which I’d imagine was the 680 section) to be very straight forward. When I then hit the next section, the exam difficulty in my opinion stepped up several notches and at one point I did start to worry a bit. Luckily, my previous experience with the 2003 MCSE and the Vista EST MCITP helped massively with understanding the finer details on some of the questions. Had a few too much marked for review at the end & was starting to run out of time, so was expecting something around the 700/800 mark but then found I scored a lot higher than my initial expectations much to my delight :)

So all in all, a good day!

Comments

• Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    well done :)

Got my second try on this in 3 week's time.
    I agree first part was ok and second part was a bit of an animal.
  • Options
    Good luck! How did you do on your first attemp? I'm sure you'll get it next time :)
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    Budzy wrote: »
    Good luck! How did you do on your first attemp? I'm sure you'll get it next time :)
    On my previous attempt, in the FIRST SECTION (680)got about 80-85% I reckon and thought it was staightforward.

Second section (685) was a bit of an animal, got 49% so scored 49% opverall icon_sad.gif
    second section was PRO exam and standard was several notches up.
    Also the long-winded questions didn't help morale.
  • Options
    Aww sorry to hear that - Have you got it booked in again?

Yeah agree with the 685 stuff. I really felt the skills learnt and obtained from doing the 297 (2003 MCSE design exam) really did help with the some of the longer questions.

Good luck for next time mate!
  • Options
    darrengoldsmithdarrengoldsmith Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi

im thinking about sitting the exam soon
    without giving to much away what can you tell me about the exam
    what did you use for reference material
  • Options
    hi

im thinking about sitting the exam soon
    without giving to much away what can you tell me about the exam
    what did you use for reference material

Looking back, I would say at least 60% of the questions in both the 680 and 685 sections were answered on experience - I'm lucky in the sense that I could picture and relate a lot of the scenarios to clients I look after on a daily basis. (I understand this doesn’t help anyone else much, but also somewhat proves upgrade exams have their place in the realm of certification).

Aside from this, I used the MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit for exam 70-680 as a reference guide to fill in some blanks as well as doing the sample questions on the provided optical disk.

One thing I will say, having Windows Server knowledge is vital for the 685 section!