Options

Going for SSCP soon..

2»

Comments

• Options
    loneferretloneferret Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well after a lengthy exchange of emails with (isc)2 to prove that i actually took/passed the exam. It seems they had no knowledge of me taking, nor passing the exam. And problems with the endorsement form not saving the data in those fields.
    They have finally except my documentation and I am now awaiting for them to approve my SSCP certification status..
    According to the email can take up to 6 weeks.

As someone said "At least you didn't have to wait 6 weeks to get the exam results.."
    True.. true.
  • Options
    DEC901DEC901 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATZ, loneferret!!! I'm obtaining the study materials today but until I receive the resources I won't schedule the exam. At least you've been cleared and can move on!!! Again, CONGRATZ AND BIG UPS to you!!!
  • Options
    DEC901 wrote: »
    CONGRATZ, loneferret!!! I'm obtaining the study materials today but until I receive the resources I won't schedule the exam. At least you've been cleared and can move on!!! Again, CONGRATZ AND BIG UPS to you!!!

Thanks... yup I can move on now.
    Have things to do and work is keeping me busy so.. happy to have taken the exam, but still don't see myself going for CISSP even if I fulfill the requirements.
    Very curious to see what's next, the endorsement review thing part now.. lol Let's just say, I did not leave on good terms with all of my previous employers.

Will be interesting to see what happens if they (or someone) contacts them LOL
    (lets hope they speak French)
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Out of curiosity loneferret, what do you do? The OSCP made me think you might be a pen tester.

Congratz on the pass.
  • Options
    Out of curiosity loneferret, what do you do? The OSCP made me think you might be a pen tester.
    Congratz on the pass.

Thanks..
    No big secret, I work for an InfoSec company as an administrator amongst other things.

***Update on my (isc)2 that's not fun...****

For some reason, they've just email me saying I have passed the exam and now I have to send in my endorsement form plus resume.
    Funny.. i passed the exam almost 2 weeks ago.
    Sent the endorsement form + resume and received the confirmation email regarding said documents...almost 2 weeks ago.
    Now?
    I'm waiting on them to tell me if I need to re-send everything again.
  • Options
    ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    loneferret wrote: »
    For some reason, they've just email me saying I have passed the exam and now I have to send in my endorsement form plus resume.
    Funny.. i passed the exam almost 2 weeks ago.
    Sent the endorsement form + resume and received the confirmation email regarding said documents...almost 2 weeks ago.
    Now?
    I'm waiting on them to tell me if I need to re-send everything again.

ISC2 dropping the ball again - why am I not surprised! Hang in there, loneferret.
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • Options
    ipchain wrote: »
    ISC2 dropping the ball again - why am I not surprised! Hang in there, loneferret.

Yeah well... bet you 1$ they don't take this long to ask for those yearly dues.
    Still waiting for a reply, lets hope there isn't a screw up. Remember I actually had to prove the them I passed the exam by sending in the print out I got when leaving the test center.
    ipchain...
    aren't you suppose to be working?
  • Options
    JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass loneferret!

Wow, really? 6 weeks for the endorsement confirmation? I just sent mine in two days ago, I guess I have a long way to go before I am officially an SSCP. How much longer before you get your certificate mailed? 6 more weeks? LOL
  • Options
    Jinuyr wrote: »
    How much longer before you get your certificate mailed? 6 more weeks? LOL

From my limited experience with this "organization" I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case... Thanks for the kind words.
  • Options
    Update.. I seem to have been given the SSCP creds..

Congratulations! It gives me great pleasure to be the first to address you with the Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP®) designation!
    Based upon your examination results, a review of your application and acceptance of your endorsement, the (ISC)2 Board of Directors award you with the SSCP Certification. Your ID card and certificate will be shipped to the address above within eight weeks.

Took 3 weeks...
    w00t
  • Options
    WOW Congrats! That's cool. You got your stuff pretty quick.

I'm still waiting for mine =\ Technically 4 weeks 1 day before the 6 week mark for the endorsement. Hopefully it comes through pretty quick.
  • Options
    Thanks.. maybe the fact it was CBT that speeded it up?
    Or maybe the fact they had so much trouble receiving my endorsement docs (took 9 emails in total) they figured good customer service would be to get the ball rolling quicker.. who knows.

:)

All I know is .. I owe them 65$ a year for a while now LOL
  • Options
    Finally got the endorsement... ^_^