Options

help desk - what is your salary and in what state

keeranbrikeeranbri Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello I just wanted to know whoever was in help desk or is currently doing helpdeskwhat was or is your salary and in what stateMy stats are: $18.00 (first IT job)State: IL

Comments

• Options
    tleade01tleade01 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I work at HP as a technical solutions rep. I am currently in Pontiac Michigan. My salary is 12 an hour.
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I typical Help Desk analyst pay rate in the Dallas (my area) area can be around 16-18/hr, I have heard of some people making as much as 20/hr. I started at 16/hr when I first started where I am currently. I am still in Help Desk seeking other opportunities but when I moved into a Team Lead role I recieved a drastic bump. It really depends on the company and the location, as well as the customer base and the of complexity of what you support. Some help desks are stickly log and pass and do not resolve as much as others. Where I work we currently resolve between 75%-80% of what we run into on first call. We also support upwards of 100,000+ customers from many business units.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Helpdesk/Desk Side Support - $21 an hour/Work in Philadelphia/Live in New Jersey
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    I am in Georgia. I recently took a Senior Help Desk position (left a sysadmin position) for $85k. The job role was more of a jr admin job, with the understanding I would be a full admin again by years end when the position opened up.
  • Options
    NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Field Technician (entry level before even Tech Level 1) in Boston $19/hr
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Our entry level help desk and field technicians make around $16-$18/hr here in GA.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've done helpdesk in DE and made 25$/hr. It was a 6 month contract and hours were 12am - 8 am.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    SouthSeaPirateSouthSeaPirate Member Posts: 173
    IT/ HelpDesk Manager - Florida - $20 Hour eq (Salary)

Good ol' Florida wages icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    phaneuf1phaneuf1 Member Posts: 131
    helpdesk tier 1 position in a Bank in Toronto ON Canada. 51k/year or $26/h