Options

Lab Equipment Advice

THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,
I have my own personal lab that consists of 3 Cisco 2610XM routers, a Cisco 2621,and a Cisco 2524. I also have 2950 48-port Switch and 2950 24-port switch. My problem is all of 2600 router only have two FastEthernet port and no serial ports. I would like to connect all the routers for labing.
icon_study.gif Can you advice me on what I may need to do so, What interfaces and cables, please?
icon_study.gif
An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC

Comments

• Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    THA_DOC wrote: »
    icon_study.gif Can you advice me on what I may need to do so, What interfaces and cables, please?
    icon_study.gif

* Go to CertificationKits.com
    * Look at what interfaces and cables are included in their CCNA kits for those routers.
    * Attempt to get the same or similar ones.
  • Options
    @NetworkVeteran I went there a fews minutes ago. I was looking at the WIC-2T and serial cables. I was thinking maybe 4 cards and three cables; that was about $300 and change. Hoping to find something a little less inexpensive, but may have to bit the bullet buy them. Still looking to shop around for better prices. I look on Ebay to no avial.

DOC
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    OIC. I wasn't meaning to buy from them per se, just to see what part numbers you needed. :)

(Not that I have anything against them as a vendor!)
  • Options
    Thanks. I am still looking, I may have go back CiscoKits. I just want to fully get the lab working and be able to do as mush as possible with the lab. Your advice is appreciated. I have Boson Testing but think learn more hands with a working lab.

DOC
  • Options
    spd3432spd3432 Member Posts: 224
    From the standpoint of labbing frame relay, you'll need three routers using 4 cards and 2 cables. If you're looking to go really cheap, you could use T1-CSU/DSU cards with T1 crossover cables (Cat-5 with different pin-out).
    ----CCNP goal----
    Route [ ] Studying
    Switch [ ] Next
    Tshoot [ ] Eventually
  • Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    THA_DOC wrote: »
    @NetworkVeteran I went there a fews minutes ago. I was looking at the WIC-2T and serial cables. I was thinking maybe 4 cards and three cables; that was about $300 and change. Hoping to find something a little less inexpensive, but may have to bit the bullet buy them. Still looking to shop around for better prices. I look on Ebay to no avial.

Smart Serial to Smart Serial (3 FT) = $6.99 Shipped
    3FT SMART SERIAL DCE/DTE CABLE FOR CISCO WIC-2T | eBay

Wic 2t = $32.00 Shipped
    Cisco WIC-2T 2-Port Serial Card 1YearWRNTY 10Xavailable | eBay

Your grand total is $148.97
    Just takes some looking. eBay is your friend. Hope this helps.
    Also if your really crafty since you are buying more than 1 wic card maybe you can make them an offer they can not refuse, and your total will drop even more.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle