Options

Listing a job through a staffing agency...

j86cicij86cici Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Just looking for some thoughts on this topic...how would/should you be listing a position on your resume or Linkedin where you are working for a company through an employment agency? (This can either be in a contract or contract-to-hire situation).

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    If I worked for temp agency, I'd list the agency and the types of work.

If I worked as an independent, I'd have my own company set-up and list that and this way there is anonymity to the companies who maybe only hired your for a task. You didn't work for them per se, you DID the work FOR them (i.e. 1099 work rather than employee W2)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't think its a big deal how you list it, just put both company names.

Examples:
    Microsoft (Apex Systems)
    Cisco Systems on behalf of Robert Half International
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    MrBishopMrBishop Member Posts: 229
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

Listing the staffing agency only gives you no advantage! If its a big company you should list both companies like such. Microsoft Inc(RobertHalf Technology)

REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

LOL, I should have read the posts before responding but I agree with this style!
    Degrees
    M.S. Internet Engineering | M.S. Information Assurance
    B.S. Information Technology | A.A.S Information Technology
    Certificaions
    Currently pursuing: CCIE R&Sv5