Options

Just wondering if CCNAs actually configure WAN technologies?

zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
Hey guys, I am in the WAN technologies portion of my CCNA study right now, and I am just kind of wondering if associate level techs actually do work and configuration on WAN connections. It just seems like to me, and this is just my assumption as I don't currently work in the industry, that if a company is large enough to have multiple sites connected with WAN technologies that they would at least have some CCNPs or even IEs on board working on that stuff. I know there would have to be some exceptions like a 10 year vet with only a CCNA configuring WANs, but is a entry level CCNA really going to be handling this stuff?

Comments

• Options
    drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    Depends where you work. If you're in an ISP you might deal with WAN all day.. if you're in the enterprise probably not
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It depends on your individual skillset. Being a CCNA doesn't mean you're not experienced. A guy I know well recently passed his CCNA, AFTER 10+ years of engineering experience.

If what you meant is a CCNA with little experience, well like drkat says, it depends on where you're at.