Options

Leaving a steady job for a new challenge, anxiety

2»

Comments

• Options
    dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
    higherho wrote: »
    I've been feeling anxiety a lot lately the past two days. I'm planning on leaving a steady job were everyone likes me, I got awarrds for my work, and I do well in the Server realm for the past two years (the company I work for though is not so nice as the clients I have).

Now I'm taking up a whole new role (not in servers and its something I do like but have not done in two years) so I've been brushing up on it. Its not difficult, and like I siad my past experience helps because I remember a bunch of stuff once I do some basic research. Its just scary jumping from something you've been doing for a bit to something new / new co workers / new living area.

Though I think most of my anxiety comes from my past because my first job out of college within three months they let me go (the environment was really bad and I was even messing up the basic of things because of it). Then I got the job that I'm currently doing and I ace it (were the environment is great and not as stressful as the last).

I'm sure you will be fine with all the experience you have. You definately are not the same person you were when you lost your job.
    Good luck and let us know how you get on
    Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]