Options

Passed Today

bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed today with a 905. It was my second shot after i failed last month.

58 Questions of which I think 50 counted, several on SP2, Windows firewall etc, one of which I got twice.

Topics were permissions, portables, offline files, lots of remote desktop, encryption IIS etc.

Comments

• Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Congrats...
    What next?
  • Options
    cwrightcwright Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yer well done icon_thumright.gif im thinking of taking this exam in a few months. have just got started on the microsoft book and work with XP for the most part all day and we are currently doing a rollout of XP(bit late i know) so hopefully should learn a bit from that. this will be my first exam though so not sure what to expect...
  • Options
    goasakawagoasakawa Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bencairney wrote:
    Topics were permissions, portables, offline files, lots of remote desktop, encryption IIS etc.

I got the exact same things. Today was my 2nd shot and I passed with a 850 (If I recall). The THompson Prometric center I went to had a netowrk issue for the aps month. Both my XP tests were lagging so bad that I ended up with around 5-15 minutes left per test. THe scores didnt show up and I would have to call a number to get the results and many times during the test the screen would freeze from 1-3 miutes.

BUT at least I passed.
  • Options
    bencairneybencairney Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cwright wrote:
    yer well done icon_thumright.gif im thinking of taking this exam in a few months. have just got started on the microsoft book and work with XP for the most part all day and we are currently doing a rollout of XP(bit late i know) so hopefully should learn a bit from that. this will be my first exam though so not sure what to expect...

Yeah, there's no substitute for hands on experience. What I found with this exam was the MS book doesn't cover all of the topics you get tested on, I used a mixture of MS book, Exam Cram, technotes from this site and lots of practice tests. Also the XP resource kit stuff on the microsoft site is pretty useful too, well worth a viewing.

Good Luck.