Options

Comments on passing Core Hardware today

worldbfree69worldbfree69 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_rolleyes.gif I passed my Core Hardware test today with a score of 593. I don't know how the tests differ at different test sites, but in my opinion the test was rather hard and somewhat obscure. To prepare for the exam I used Mike Myers All in one A+ Certitification and Marcraft's A+ Certification Concepts and Practice. I used the practice questions that came with the book and got to the point where I could make a 90 or better on the tests. Mike Myers book had about 150 total practice test questions and the Marcraft CD had over 700 questions for the core hardware test. I also took some free practice tests on the web such as this site to make sure I could do well on those also.

Of the 70 questions on the core hardware exam, I would say that 6 or 7 were almost word for word recognizable. The rest I had to use educated guesses on or a process of elimination. I know that a pass is a pass, but with all the time and effort I spent studying I expected to make a higher score. For the OS test I will use some practice questions from one of those pay sites. I feel that the practice test questions from my books will not be enough.

My advice is to study hard and know the material, but pass the test the best way you can...

Goodbye,and goodluck...

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    A pass is a pass, indeed! And that calls for a Congrats!

Good luck on the OS!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations on your pass.

Keep in mind, study alone is not the recommend way to prepare for these exams, but to have experience and study.

Again, you passed. So long as you understand the material, the score is not relavant.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Your cert dosen't show your score report...don't be too upset... icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    paige1paige1 Member Posts: 117
    You passed. Congratulations. Now you can put your skills to work in the real world where it really make the difference.
    Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.

Samuel Johnson