Options

VCAP5-DCD now available

odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
Vmware has released their VCAP5-DCD exam. This is the first higher level certification in teh VCP track. The DCA exam has not been released yet.

VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5
Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action

Comments

• Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Got my authorization last night. Been reading the Blueprint and linked white papers non-stop.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    Awesome. I'm thinking I might start on the DCD after I'm done with WGU this summer. Glad it's finally live.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm motivated by the desire to know about vSphere and will work towards it after I finish off the VCP5. I assume there wouldnt be a book per se for this test with the exception of the vSphere Design Sybex book (I know it's on vSphere 4), and whitepapers and experience would be the right combo?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    Train signal had some great CBTs for vSphere 4 VCAP, so hopefully they produce something for vSphere 5 as well at some point. But yeah, experience, whitepapers, and whatever deep dive sort of materials you can find are going to be best at this level.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    I'm motivated by the desire to know about vSphere and will work towards it after I finish off the VCP5. I assume there wouldnt be a book per se for this test with the exception of the vSphere Design Sybex book (I know it's on vSphere 4), and whitepapers and experience would be the right combo?

List of books I've read to prep for this exam:

Mastering vSphere 5 (more for VCP, but still covers all the basic)
    VMware vSphere design
    vSphere 5 Clustering technical deepdive
    EMC ISM (covers storage & BC/DR. There's a new book from VMware Press coming out)
    Administering SRM 5.0 (covers BC/DR & SRM)
    Cloud Computing with VMware vCloud Director
    SQL Server 2008 Administration in Action (Good info on how to setup a SAN for SQL)
    VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security (still reading this one)

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I would guess the video training will follow shortly. It took almost 6 months for the cbt videos to come out. I didn't care for them, hopefully Train signal will come out with something soon. There are already Vmware classes available for $1800. Atleast they have it online and in class. I thought I read Scott Lowe would be creating an updated Vmware Design boot. He did mention on his blog about creating some videos, but not sure for what exam.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Options
    I thought I read Scott Lowe would be creating an updated Vmware Design boot. He did mention on his blog about creating some videos, but not sure for what exam.

Check out BrownBag Follow-Up – Scott Lowe Edition
  • Options
    scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The TrainSignal videos for vSphere 4 were aligned to the DCA VCAP rather than DCD.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com