Options

'Bout freaking time!!! Passed ICND1

Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
Sooo nearly five years after i took my first networking class, I've finally got around to actually getting certified. I'm a little embarrassed that it took so long, but at the same time I've never felt as confident in my knowledge/skills or as serious about this as I do now.

Anyway, on to the goods: 937/100! Mind = Blown! Had 15 minutes left, too.

Describe the operation of data networks - 100%
Implement a small switched network - 100%
Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirements for a small office branch - 80%
Implement a small routed network - 80%
Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks for a WLAN - 100%
Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats - 100%
Implement and Verify WAN links - 100%

Overall the test was quite easy I though; there were several questions that were very tricky - it seemed like there could be more than one right answer (in non multiple choices.) In some cases, there were answers that seemed to be out of the scope of this exam (IMO) that could've been right. Anyone else experience this?

Also, There was a simlet where different show commands had different status for an interface (ie show ip int brief said Up/Up; show ip int showed administratively down, and show interface was different all together.) Weird. Pretty sure this was an error.

^^ Is that too specific/in violation of the confidentiality agreement?

Oh, and as a bonus this is my first course @ WGU, so i also earned college credit today :D. Going to be scheduling ICND2 for June 14th, can't wait.

Study materials used:
Odom book
Labsim
The Bryant Advantage ebook/videos (only bought this sunday, will use it more for ICND2)
GNS-3
Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685

Comments

• Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
  • Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Congratulations. That is a great score!
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    awesome score!
  • Options
    MJMcMahonMJMcMahon Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I too passed today with a 925! I didn't do as well on some parts as you did:

Operation of Data Networks: 93%
    Implement a small switched network: 90%
    Implement an IP addressing scheme: 80%
    Implement a small routed network: 93%
    Explain and select appropriate admin tasks for WLAN: 100%
    Identify security threats to a network: 100%
    Implement and verify WAN links: 75%

Honestly, I was a bit surprised by some of the sub-scores. I obviously missed some, but I'll be damned if I know what it was.

I too thought the test went fairly easily and I, too, ran into the inconsistency on the sim question where there was a mismatch between the interface states. I'm guessing it was a Beta question but, based upon our score differences, you may have gotten it right where I got it wrong.

After about a week, I'll start studying for ICND2....w00t!

Study materials used: TrainSignal videos
    Lammle CCNA book
    Various practice exams
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    MJMcMahon wrote: »
    Congratulations! I too passed today with a 925! I didn't do as well on some parts as you did:

Operation of Data Networks: 93%
    Implement a small switched network: 90%
    Implement an IP addressing scheme: 80%
    Implement a small routed network: 93%
    Explain and select appropriate admin tasks for WLAN: 100%
    Identify security threats to a network: 100%
    Implement and verify WAN links: 75%

Honestly, I was a bit surprised by some of the sub-scores. I obviously missed some, but I'll be damned if I know what it was.

I too thought the test went fairly easily and I, too, ran into the inconsistency on the sim question where there was a mismatch between the interface states. I'm guessing it was a Beta question but, based upon our score differences, you may have gotten it right where I got it wrong.

After about a week, I'll start studying for ICND2....w00t!

Study materials used: TrainSignal videos
    Lammle CCNA book
    Various practice exams
    Nice. Congrats!

I wish they would show you what you got wrong...
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
    A-some congrats!
    :thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."