Borderlands

IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
Sorry if this isn't specifically technology-related but does anyone play Borderlands for PC? If so, want to plan a nerd frag night online?

For those of you that don't have Borderlands, it's only $8 on Amazon.
BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
Blog: www.network-node.com

Comments

• wellnowwhatwellnowwhat Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I LOVE that game. It's one of the only games I've played that got me hooked almost immediately.

I'd be willing to play. I have the Steam version.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I just have the regular PC version. I hated it on Xbox/PS3 since I don't have good coordination with controllers but I LOVE it on PC
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Loved borderlands, can't wait for Borderlands 2. Would love to play, however currently in the middle of Diablo 3 :)
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am sucked into Diablo 3 at the moment. Never finished the first Borderlands but I did like it. After I get sick of D3 I got Deus Ex Human Revolution for 10 dollars on Steam that I am going to play next.
    I decided to skip Diablo 3. I played and finished the first two, but the third one just looks like its the same thing with prettier graphics. What I'm REALLY excited for is Guild Wars 2. I've already pre-ordered :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Yeah I preordered GW2 also, played a bit of the beta not a lot to avoid spoiling it but the design/look/artwork is excellent. I think the gameplay and design will fit my study schedule for 2012-2013 which is scaling way back but becoming more focused. So I won't have a ton of time to play except the weekend and a night or two a week.

I want to immerse myself in linux this year (finally) got tired of having to rely on Google and man files to figure stuff out.
    Linux is fun. Since you're a security nut like me, you should download Backtrack. Check out linuxzoo.net funtoo.org/wiki/Linux_Fundamentals,_Part_1, backtrack-linux.org, and offensive-security.com. There's more than enough material to teach you the basics as well as give you a crash course in pen testing with Linux.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Yeah Backtrack was the primary reason I want to get very proficient with Linux. I thought I could just b.s. my way through it and jump into using the tools but realized I was seriously lacking in the basics.
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Since I don't have a gaming rig, does Boderlands require high-end specs?

Also, I was wondering about GW2, looks good for a F2P game (after initial purchase) and always wanted to try it out. I havent played a MMORPG since...I believe Final Fantasy XI Online so it would be cool to get back into it without forking up a monthly payment
    Recommended specs: Intel Core Due 2 @ 2.4Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 8 GB HD, and a nVidia GeForce GTX 260/ATI Radeon HD 4550. The game came out 3 years ago so the requirements are right easy to meet even if you don't have a gaming rig.

I'm super excited for GW2 as well. It looks AWESOME and the fact that you play for free after purchase is just icing on the cake. I have no idea about Final Fantasy. The last FF I played was 7 & 8. I've had to purposely keep myself from playing video games for the last few years because I've been studying so intensely. I made my significant other keep the PS3 and Xbox out of sight but now that I'm finishing my undergrad degree, it's game on!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    When I played the beta last time they had it I noticed a little slow down in some areas, I have an i7 something or other 8gb of ram and dual 6850's in Crossfire. Come to find out the game was heavy on the CPU and they were working on optimizing it to put more of the work load on the GPUs so hopefully next time they push an update to the beta I will see that improve.
  • networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is a great game. I played it with my colleagues before. We never really finished the game though. I'd love to play the game again but currently addicted to Diablo 3. I'll hit you up when I decide to play it again.
    Feel free too, networkjutsu. We'll be Team TechExams
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931