Options

70-640 PASSED Today !!

AmjoAmjo Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,
I Passed this damned exam today with score 884, used CBT & Trancesender videos, MS press book & the unleashed, practice tests and TECHNET,TECHNET, TECHNET . most of the questions were from technet!! Alot of DNS, CA, Commend line. I realy studied hard for it (4 months with 30hr/W). I used 9 servers/ 3 clients on my lenovo laptop and Dell Desktop for my lab, also used GNS3 and copule cisco routers to setup the network infra.

a funny situation happend to me when I first scheduled to take the exam and it was last week, I was all set to go for it, I went to the testing center, sat on the computer, going thru the practice test, CLICK on the "START EXAM" --wa laa --No exam!!!.WTH..!! apparently they had a technical issue with the testing center servers! and they could'nt load the exam files to the comptuers, I was jumping all over the place trying to check all other computers if it will work;; How stupid was that?? they had me to wait 3 hours to fix the issue and finally they couldn't!! So they gave me a phone no. to call and reschedule the test, Thats It, finally I was able to make it today..I never had this problem before with vue at all, better for MS to start think about that..

anyway thank god I was able to make it.. wish me luck on the 642 :D
In Progress: MCTS Network Infa
Next: MCTS SA toward MCITP SA

Comments

• Options
    quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done, congrats on a great score:)
    The Wings of Technology
  • Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass Well done
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratz on the pass. Nice one to add to the collection
  • Options
    AmjoAmjo Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you guys for your support..

I'm wondering where to find my MCP ID/Access code, I only got a welcome email with out any of those info.! is this normal?
    In Progress: MCTS Network Infa
    Next: MCTS SA toward MCITP SA
  • Options
    hackmerhackmer Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Amjo wrote: »
    Thank you guys for your support..

I'm wondering where to find my MCP ID/Access code, I only got a welcome email with out any of those info.! is this normal?
    Congrats on pass!
    After my first exam I been informed after 2 week. e-mail with my MCP ID and access code.
    Just wait a bit :)
  • Options
    LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, I hope to follow soon! I have a question; did you use the Transcender for just the practice tests, or did you use it to help your studying? I haven't used Transcender since NT 4.0 days and I know it has changed a lot.
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+

• Options
    dabadaba Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm studying for it right now too. I've gone through the CBT videos and I'm working through the MS Press book.

I see a lot of people mention technet. How did you pickout what to read on technet?

What are you going for next?
  • Options
    LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A lot of the links in the 70-640 resources sticky at the top of this forum are links to Technet articles. From there you can do searches in Technet to expand what you need.
    Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+

• Options
    creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Seems well-deserved!
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options